more swirly sparkly cookie pops

My sparkly mod cookie pops from were a bit of a hit, so I’ve brought them back. I used the same exact instructions HERE, but used only a swirl design on a basic sugar cookie (not chocolate). They are a slightly smaller circle, too, which is perfect for my 2-year old… she can hold and eat the entire cookie without dropping a bit.

If you look closely, these cookies also appear in the background of my soon-to-be-published peek inside my kitchen (updates on that to come).

1. Brisbane Baker
    Posted February 25, 2010 at 4:12 am | Permalink

Hi,

These cookies look adoreable.. I would much prefer these than a regular lolly pop :D

Great work!

2. Kim - The TomKat Studio
    Posted February 25, 2010 at 6:09 am | Permalink

Perfection! :) My lollipop party customers will LOVE these!

3. Pink Martini
    Posted February 25, 2010 at 6:59 am | Permalink

Such a cute idea for party favors too.

4. Kerry
    Posted February 25, 2010 at 5:29 pm | Permalink

Which Americolor Soft Gel Paste did you use to get that blue?

5. Sue Sparks
    Posted February 25, 2010 at 5:41 pm | Permalink

I agree with Brisbane Baker-BETTER than a regular lollipop! :)

6. Toni
    Posted February 25, 2010 at 6:37 pm | Permalink

We're so happy your Sparkly Mod Cookie Pops are going viral! I'm going to add the feature in tonight!!!

Posted February 25, 2010 at 7:11 pm | Permalink

thanks all! yes, as she who opts for cookies over candy, I prefer these pops! Thanks Toni for helping spread the cookie virus!

Kerry, I used SKY BLUE paste. Very important to use sky blue, not royal blue. Start with one drop and add one at a time, as it can turn too blue too fast!

8. Michelle
    Posted February 25, 2010 at 7:41 pm | Permalink

Absolutely gorgeous! Love the colors, love the sparkle, and I am sure they taste amazing.

9. Julie
    Posted February 26, 2010 at 6:23 am | Permalink

These look sooooooo yummy! LOVE the bight colors :)

10. Rachel
    Posted March 4, 2010 at 5:53 pm | Permalink

These are super cute!

I just found your blog and so far I like what I see! When I have more time I'll go back and read it all!

~Rachel

Posted March 4, 2010 at 9:54 pm | Permalink

thank you everyone! :)

12. Ylime
    Posted March 8, 2010 at 5:58 pm | Permalink

So pretty! I've listed it in a Spring Break roundup on my blog, The Handmade Experiment. I've got tutorials on things to make and things to bake and a couple of cool etsy artists for things to take this spring break. Come on over and check it out and thanks for the inspiration!

13. Erin
    Posted April 25, 2010 at 2:26 am | Permalink

Hi Decorated Cookie!

This is Erin. My girls' first birthday was just featured on TomKat. I just wanted to say THANK YOU for the cookie tutorial. My sister, Ashley, made them, and not only were they CUTE CUTE CUTE, but so delicious. You would not believe how many compliments we had on the TASTE, not just on their appearance. DELICIOUS!!!!

Posted April 26, 2010 at 1:04 pm | Permalink

Thanks Erin! I saw your party featured on TomKat and was so amazed at what an incredible job you did with the swirly cookies! They fit so perfectly with your theme. And it's always a joy to see when anything I post here pans out well for others!!

15. Gabbie
    Posted May 5, 2010 at 6:58 am | Permalink

I made these "lollypops" in blue for my nephew's christening – they were the hit of the party! Not only did everyone think they looked too cute for words, people were saying they were the best cookies they ever tasted! I had to give the title of your book to SIX different people.

My next baking attempt will be the monster faces on sticks for my sons 4th birthday party.

Posted May 5, 2010 at 11:11 am | Permalink

That's great Gabbie! Ouch, I just hurt myself patting myself on the back for spreading cookie joy.

Thanks for the feedback! I always love to hear whether cookies work or don't so I know what to keep posting or not posting.

17. AnaĆ­
    Posted July 2, 2010 at 7:39 pm | Permalink

Wow!
    really beautiful, original and look delicious!
    Greetings!

18. amybart
    Posted July 27, 2011 at 5:40 pm | Permalink

Totally made these as party favors for my daughter Caleigh's first birthday party this weekend! They came out super adorable and everyone said they were super delicious as well (I thought so myself but I love feedback from the guests!!). Thank you so much for the awesome idea and recipe! I posted the pics on my blog if you ever want to check them out! :)