I realized Spring is nearing, as the other day my daughter pointed out the baby trees poking through the dirt. (The baby trees were probably tulips trying to make their way to the light of day.) So to welcome its arrival, here are some spring marshmallows for your marshmallow art today. Want to try more? Check out these Earth Day marshmallows.
how to make Spring flower marshmallows
you will need:*
lollipop sticks (optional)
*For the markers, you will need the following colors (possibly more depending on your preference): red, pink, yellow, orange, green, blue, purple. The food writers you find in the craft store may not have such variety. I like Americolor Gourmet Writers.
what to do:
Simply draw your flowers on the marshmallows. Insert stick if desired.
- Let marshmallows sit uncovered at room temperature for an hour to stiffen on the outside. This limits the bleeding.
- Use the very tips of the markers for the finest detail.
- See below for tips on drawing the flowers. Don’t overthink the drawing and don’t worry about precision….there’s a lot of wiggle room here. Your flowers will be gorgeous, I’m sure!
1. outline a sort of circle-ish oval for the middle and four petals with the yellow
2. fill with yellow (without definition, this will look like a yellow blob)
3. use the orange to make highlights and define the petals
4. use the green to draw a stem and leaves
1. use the green to draw a stem and leaves
2. make a bunch of random dots in an oval shape (with tapered top) with the purple marker (unfortunately, I don’t have a lavender marker, or I’d use that…if desired, add some blue dots, too)
1. use hot pink and just draw a bunch of mini lines in a bowl shape
2. do the same with red lines on top
3. draw stem and leaves with green
Feel free to share (nicely)! While my blog's photographs and text are protected by copyright, I do allow (and encourage) you to share ONE photograph with credit to "the decorated cookie" and link to this blog post. PLEASE don't reprint any part of the blog post and PLEASE don't post a photo without credit. Thank you!