For these cookies, I used this dough cut and baked into 2 1/2 inch circles, tinted some homemade fondant with a drop of Sky Blue Americolor soft gel paste, rolled it out and cut it into 2 1/2 inch circles, added a touch of frosting to the top of the cookie, and stuck the fondant on top. Then I used my Americolor Gourmet Writers to draw the designs (for both, you’ll need black, brown, green, pink and yellow). That’s it.
how to draw a palm tree
1. draw and fill a brown trunk
2. with the green, draw a bunch of green lines in three or four bunches
3. outline the trunk with black (basically, a stack of progressively smaller “M”s)
4. roughly outline the bunches of green lines
how to draw a flamingo
1. draw and fill a pink tear drop shape
2. draw and fill a pink circle above it
3. draw a thick, curvy pink wave connecting the two
4. draw a number “4″ for the legs with yellow
5. draw a beak and fill the tip with black
6. outline with black, adding wings and a dot for an eye, add yellow to fill the beak
Feel free to share (nicely)! While my blog's photographs and text are protected by copyright, I do allow (and encourage) you to share ONE photograph with credit to "the decorated cookie" and link to this blog post. PLEASE don't reprint any part of the blog post and PLEASE don't post a photo without credit. Thank you!