chocolate sprinkle sandwich cookies. maybe.

Hmm. Just not sure if I can get behind these chocolate sprinkle sandwich cookies. In trying to come up with a cookie to serve at a brunch (if you recall, last time I did the breakfast drawings cookies), I tried to make doughnut-like sandwich cookies (you know, brunch, doughnuts, but cookies, blah blah). I stopped at three.
I think I would have liked the above sandwich cookies more without the hole in the center. I made the rest miniature versions of these doughnut cookies instead.

I’ll let you be the judge. I used my chocolate cookie dough and frosting HERE.

For full instructions to make either of the above,
click on the icons below:

1. I run for cake!
    Posted May 10, 2010 at 2:26 pm | Permalink

Love both of these cookies..sandwich cookies are alwasy a fun idea! I've never tried the chocolate dough before so can't wait to taste your recipe!

2. CuteStuffInside
    Posted May 10, 2010 at 3:58 pm | Permalink

Donut cookies!

S.W.A.K.

3. PeaceLoveApplesauce
    Posted May 10, 2010 at 9:54 pm | Permalink

How fun?! These are so cute!

4. animeshon
    Posted May 10, 2010 at 10:06 pm | Permalink

Hmmm I think I prefer the doughnut cookies, however the sandwich cookies would go down really well with my three-year-old god-daughter :) We shall have to attempt to make them this weekend :)

5. Sue Sparks
    Posted May 10, 2010 at 11:11 pm | Permalink

Love the donuts, but I think I would like the sandwich cookie without the hole, as you said:) Your photos are fantastic…I feel like I could actually reach out and grab a cookie, or two!

6. Katie
    Posted May 11, 2010 at 8:19 am | Permalink

Wow those look amazing! The doughnut cookies remind me of something Simpsons-themed, or maybe that's just because I started drooling Homer Simpon-style when I saw them! hehe

7. tryityoumightlikeit
    Posted May 11, 2010 at 11:24 pm | Permalink

They are both so pretty. My daughter spotted them when I browsing on foodgawker and asked me to make them.

8. jeri
    Posted May 15, 2010 at 12:08 am | Permalink

You always have the cutest ideas!!! I am going to make the chocolate doughnut cookies this weekend!

9. jeri
    Posted May 15, 2010 at 11:44 pm | Permalink

made them. LOVED them (everyone did) I used the metric conversions you had with the recipe. They spread out a little bit. They looked so cute, and then I had my nephew (almost 3 years old) help decorate. Lots of frosting and lots of sprinkled. Goober was happy.
    Thank you so much for sharing the great ideas and info!!

Posted May 15, 2010 at 11:51 pm | Permalink

oooh! love feedback, thanks Jeri! (maybe the conversions need more flour…. I need my British friend to come visit me and cook in my kitchen to show me what all the amounts look like!)

11. jeri
    Posted May 16, 2010 at 2:03 am | Permalink

If you're ever looking for testers for metric I am a willing helper. I weigh out just about all my ingredients. :)

12. Domestic Sugar
    Posted May 16, 2010 at 5:20 pm | Permalink

Love the doughnut! IT reminds me of my childhood. I'm glad I found this blog!