cookie tattoos

So I was in Michaels Craft Store the other day, and I saw THESE. Duff Cake Tattoos. (As in, Duff of Ace of Cakes, as in, designs printed on edible sheets used to cover cakes, cupcakes and cookies, like these ticings I like so much.) So I had to try them. According to the Charm City Cakes blog, they also have other products. I didn’t see them in the store, but perhaps because this is brand spanking new. I might have to try the fondant in my quest for good-tasting fondant.

I made cookies, of course. Because the tattoos are in strips about 2 1/4 inch wide, I used my handy 2 1/4 inch square fondant cutter to cut out squares of my chocolate sugar cookies. Then I just used store-bought fondant, rolled it out and cut out squares of the same size. You can adhere the fondant squares to the cookie with a thin layer of frosting or royal icing or with a coat of light corn syrup. Instead of fondant, you can also flood the square cookie with white icing. (For tips on how to do this, CLICK HERE and follow step one.) For tips on where to find supplies, CLICK HERE.

To use the tattoos, I just cut out a square the same size as my fondant topped cookie, brushed the cookie with light corn syrup (you can also use water), and pressed and smoothed the tattoo on top.

Comments

1. Sue Sparks says

I'm going to go check out my local Michael's tomorrow! Thanks for the heads up! They look great with the chocolate cookie

2. Chic Cookies says

OK, checked out the Satin Ice web site, and now I have to order every color and report to all! Thanks Anonymous!

3. Kate says

These are so fun! I saw the big posters in Michael's, but didn't know what products he was selling. I'm going to have to try. Yours turned out darling!

4. Lorie says

Those are so great!

Can I just say I am hanging my head in embarrassment at the moment! I never put together that you are Edible Crafts as well!

I love The Decorated Cooke and Love Edible Crafts and now I am in awe that I know you are the same person!

5. Chic Cookies says

It's amazing what a small world the internet can be considering it's overwhelming size! I've had people before contact me on both ends for specific things not realizing I was the same person! How funny :)

6. Anonymous says

You're welcome! I'm not sure where you are located, but if it is anywhere near Bensalem, PA – there is a cake supply distributor with a small store that you can get it from. The name of the place is Oasis. The chocolate is super yummy and taste like tootsie rolls.

7. Tifani says... says

Wow! I think you have inspired me to do the kinds of things that have always been stuck in my head. I can't wait to try these.

8. Lorraine says

It is so funny that you posted on the Cookie Tattoos because I was in Michael's just the other day and saw all of Duff's new products. I actually picked up his gel pastes just to compare and see. I am definitely going to try the tattoos now too. Thanks so much.

9. bridget {bake at 350} says

They're so pretty! I didn't see Duff's "stuff" when I went, I saw Mary Engelbreit…and I love her, too. Now that I have an icing printer, I couldn't bring myself to BUY the tattoos! 😉

10. Anonymous says

if you are looking for a tasty fondant, try looking up a recipe for 'Marshmallow Fondant' made of marshmallows – delicious!

11. Anonymous says

I have tried Duff's fondant in brown and white. The brown taste like a tootsie roll and everyone who tasted agreed it was very tasty. The white was also good. It beats the other alternative that you can buy at Michaels which is Wilton. I use Wilton only for things that will not be eaten.

12. says

hi meagan,
    i wanted to touch base with you, since you mentioned our product Ticings in this article but did not show them. we specialize in customization of edible frosting sheets, but also have a line of pre-printed rounds and upcoming sheet patterns, as well as genuine chocolate sprinkles and natural sugars.

would love to send you some for you and your readers to try. feel free to contact me if you’d like more info!

and thank you for the mention ; )