birdie and birdhouse painted cookies…lest ye be forgotten

Does anyone out there get the Cake Central Magazine? If so, can you look at the October issue and tell me if you spot these cookies in it? Cake Central found me, contacted me and asked me to paint some cookies for the issue. So I rolled out, cut, baked, sugared up, painted, drew, propped and photographed these birdie cookies just for Cake Central Magazine. And now I have no idea if they are in the magazine. I keep trying to contact the person who found me, contacted me and asked me to paint some cookies for the issue and I never hear back.

As one who has been entrenched in the writer/submission world for so very many years (though I should note, ahem, I didn’t “submit,” I was solicited) I absolutely understand space and aesthetic concerns, so if you don’t see my cookies in there, no sweat. I have a nice big folder of rejection letters already, andI have a pretty thick skin about such things (though did I mention I was solicited? I didn’t submit?). But the ask-me-for-something-I-go-to-lengths-to-comply-then-you-forget-me thing is more concerning.

Alas, I will give the benefit of the doubt and just assume there was some unforeseen snag somewhere in production, and the whole staff is up to their ears in craziness, and all intentions are good. Right? I hope so. But I thought these little guys at least deserved to have their day.

Comments

1. Paula says

Your cookies are adorable. I love your colour choices. I think it is a shame that the magazine never replied to your email. It doesn't matter what is going on at their office, I'm sure they have people assigned to handle the submissions etc., and to keep in contact with those they have solicited for same. I'd think I'd try to get a phone number and speak to someone there. Very glad that you posted. These cookies should certainly be seen.

2. Kudos Kitchen says

Meaghan, you're darn right that these cookies deserve their day! They are just about the cutest things I've seen. Love how you photographed them in the grass too. You are one clever and talented woman! Kudos to you and your cookies!!!
    Renee
    BTW, I stumbled your post :)

3. Amanda says

Oh. My. Annoying. THe same thing happened to me with a foodie magazine (who shall remain nameless). I even did a phone interview with a guy in New York! Then nothing. Ever. Talk about a let down! ESPECIALLY when you did not initiate the interaction!

So sorry girl. You are a rock star! ANd your cookies are the best!

4. bridget {bake at 350} says

Oh my goodness! That just upsets me! To not respond to your EMAIL?!? They *better* be in there! Those are ADORABLE! Utterly, utterly Adorable!

(Stumbled, too!)

5. Jennifer says

Your cookies are adorable! That sucks that they solicited you and then didn't have the courtesy to respond to your calls and e-mails. Sounds like a lame magazine.

6. Linda V @ Bubble and Sweet says

I don't get the magazine so it's my good luck you decided to share these pics regardless of if they are in the mag or not. Birdie food is always so cute.

7. Debbie says

Thats awful that they did that to you :-(

I hope these end up being in there, because they definitely deserve it, they are super cute!

8. Fiestecita says

Son preciosas esas galletas, y qué gran idea. Ya te vi las que hiciste de otoño. Link en mi blog con tus galletas. Con tu permiso.

Muchas muchas gracias por tantas ideas que nos das.

Love.

9. SweetSugarBelle says

Did you ever find out if they were? Dont hold your breath waiting for them. I have NO LOVe for Cake Central. First they banned me for something I didn't even do, and then they iginore me. Even if you do call, they don't care. I begged, LITERALLY begged. To a real person (Lorraine or Lindsey, or…) Can't tell you by looking either, because they hatefully blocked my whole URL…GRRRRRRRRRR. Dod I mention I dodnt even do anything. Not to warrent this at least. Let it be known I think very bad words about them!