1000 ideas for decorating cupcakes, cookies and cakes

I can’t believe how neglectful I’ve been. I’ve not yet told you about this book: 1000 Ideas for Decorating Cupcakes, Cookies and Cakes. Sandra Salamony and Gina M. Brown have collected 1,000 ideas for, well, for decorating cupcakes, cookies and cakes, from bakers and bloggers and food artists and the likes of yours truly. Some of my work is in the book, like those chocolate cookies on the cover.You’ll also find familiar bakers, like Amanda of i am baker and Marion of Sweetopia.

The book features my piggy on a stick cookies (p. 107), my alien cupcakes (p. 109), my sparkly ornaments, presents and Rudolph (p. 140), my fondant Christmas lollies (p. 140), festive garland (p. 141), candy cane cookies (p. 149), daisy brownies (p. 182), of course my melting snowman (p. 202), watermelon cookies (p. 224), polka dot petit fours (p. 238), and colorful sandwich cookies (p. 238). Find tutorials for most of these by clicking the links above. And find the book HERE.

And an update: Loren from The Baking Sheet, who is also featured in the book, is hosting a giveaway on her site HERE!!!!!

1. I run for cake!
    Posted November 4, 2010 at 4:58 pm | Permalink

Congrats on having so many of your amazingly beautiful and unique creations featured in this book! I can't wait to grab a copy!

2. Loren @ The Baking Sheet
    Posted November 4, 2010 at 5:40 pm | Permalink

Congrats to you! I have 3 photos featured as well! I am giving away a free copy of this book on my blog… Stop by to enter! http://www.thebakingsheet.blogspot.com

3. I'm a full-time mummy
    Posted November 4, 2010 at 6:23 pm | Permalink

Wow! This seems like a good book! Thanks for sharing!

4. So-Sew Me
    Posted November 4, 2010 at 8:21 pm | Permalink

I love the snowman cookies. What a great idea.

5. boliyou
    Posted November 4, 2010 at 8:27 pm | Permalink

Bear would love this! She's very interested in learning to bake and is obsessed with cupcakes lately.

Congratulations!

Posted November 5, 2010 at 3:16 am | Permalink

Wow, fantastic book! Good for you for having so many of your goodies featured, Meaghan! Exciting! :)

7. Beth
    Posted November 5, 2010 at 9:20 pm | Permalink

That book looks gorgeous. I love your creations!

8. Annelein
    Posted November 6, 2010 at 9:41 am | Permalink

That's fabulous. Congratulations. It must be very special to see a book with your creations in it!!!!

9. Welzen
    Posted November 6, 2010 at 11:17 pm | Permalink

I have the book at home for a few weeks. I am delighted. It has very good ideas. I recommend it.

10. Butter Hearts Sugar
    Posted November 7, 2010 at 4:26 am | Permalink

I was so excited to get back from holidays to a package containing this book. Its wonderful, congrats on having so many pictures featured.

11. Jelly Shot Test Kitchen
    Posted November 7, 2010 at 9:46 pm | Permalink

Oh my goodness! I love your blog! Its adorable! Following now . . . Cheers, Michelle

12. Tapping Therapy
    Posted November 11, 2010 at 3:31 am | Permalink

Now I can create different designs with my fondant by using these book!