butterflies for spring

I know, I know, I’ve been remiss. Forgive my lack of posting. And for the lack of tutorial on this one. I’ll revisit these in April when I’m free. “Free” meaning after the book is due. My photo shoot is next week, which means baking 50, actually more like 60, different desserts in two days, and trying to make them look perfect, which for me–queen of imperfection–is no small feat. Then long days of propping, setting up, arranging, taking down and doing it again. Plus, my daughter has decided she’s above sleep. But the end is near, and then I’ll blog away and away.

I made these butterflies for two special birthdays, my sister, Catherine, and my li’l friend Izzy, who turns one today. (Izzy turns one, my sister turns, um, more than one. But still less than me.)

Happy birthday Catherine and Izzy!!!

1. TERRI
    Posted March 11, 2011 at 11:21 pm | Permalink

sooo purrty… :) I love your cookies (and marshmallows and everything else!)… look forward to your book!

2. Lorraine
    Posted March 12, 2011 at 12:24 am | Permalink

I love these. Will have to try them soon. Good luck with your book – cannot wait for it. Also, I received my Martha Stewart cookie book! Thanks so much – I love it! P.S. I understand the "sleep" thing you mention. It was very hard for me when my son decided naps were over – I think I needed that time more than he did!

3. lilaloa
    Posted March 12, 2011 at 12:34 am | Permalink

Ooh, these are such beautiful cookies. I love the colors! They make me so happy for spring!

4. Hillcrest Acres
    Posted March 12, 2011 at 12:36 am | Permalink

those are adorable cookies!!!!

Posted March 12, 2011 at 5:05 am | Permalink

I LOVE the bright colors of your butterflies, Meaghan!
    Just reading all that you have to do to finish your book is making me tired. I have no doubt the end result will be FANTASTIC, and I can't wait:)

6. MissL
    Posted March 12, 2011 at 1:39 pm | Permalink

These are beautiful, Meaghan – I'll be attemping something similar for my sister's 18th birthday.

Good luck for the final shoot. It will all be worth it when the book is published. I will certainly be buying a copy!

Try giving your daughter her own project to work on, it will keep her busy and perhaps tire her out!

7. Paula
    Posted March 12, 2011 at 3:20 pm | Permalink

Such happy colours. Can't wait for the season to arrive here.

8. Dadá flavors
    Posted March 12, 2011 at 11:27 pm | Permalink

¡Preciosas!, te quedaron fantásticas.

9. Family O
    Posted March 14, 2011 at 8:44 pm | Permalink

Thank you, Meaghan for taking the time out in your crazy schedule to make these. They are gorgeous and look delicious. Much love to you–and Izzy sends slobbery kisses even though she said mommy told you not to make them.

We love you and know that your book will be the go to book for everyone in baking!

10. Christine
    Posted March 14, 2011 at 11:40 pm | Permalink

How exciting about your book! Congrats :)

These butterfly cookies are sooo cute! I swear this site has helped to feed my increasing addiction to cookie decorating haha xx

11. Lot-O-Choc
    Posted March 15, 2011 at 9:45 pm | Permalink

So pretty, your cookies are always amazing!!

12. Lexi
    Posted March 16, 2011 at 11:34 pm | Permalink

Cute cookies. With spring coming I love anything with pink and green butterflies.