baby shower cookies

This post will be quick n’ sweet, but just wanted to share some cookie pops I made for a baby shower for one of my daughter’s teachers. I don’t sell decorated cookies (or anything edible, for that matter, since doing so in a home kitchen is a no-no in Washington, DC), but on rare occasions I’ll help a friend out and make them for their events. Otherwise, and much more often, I suggest–no, highly recommend–the shop where I worked for a decade: Bundles of Cookies. They are beyond brilliant, do actual cookie arrangements, can decorate anything, and have better resources than I do for mass cookie making. But anyway, on to the cookies I made in my little kitchen: baby feet, rocking horses, baby bottles, and onesies.

I think the special order for the mom-to-be is my favorite.

1. Damaris @Kitchen Corners
    Posted May 19, 2011 at 7:03 pm | Permalink

I love the pregnant mama cookie. Good job! I remember when you started this blog, you've come a long way.

2. The Vanilla Bean Baker
    Posted May 19, 2011 at 7:06 pm | Permalink

They are all adorable and the Mom to Be is excellent!

3. bridget {bake at 350}
    Posted May 19, 2011 at 7:07 pm | Permalink

I LOVE these!!!

4. tami
    Posted May 19, 2011 at 7:20 pm | Permalink

I love the detail work that you do in each cookie. I can't imagine how long those took you!

5. Trish - Sweetology101
    Posted May 19, 2011 at 7:42 pm | Permalink

Oooooh man..these could have not been FAST but oooohhh so FANCY. I too love the mama bump…makes me want to have a….OMG what the heck am I saying…nevermind, I'm going to go eat a cookie now.

6. SprinkleBakes
    Posted May 19, 2011 at 8:22 pm | Permalink

so cute!

7. sarah
    Posted May 19, 2011 at 8:40 pm | Permalink

Thanks for the mention! Cute post.

Posted May 19, 2011 at 11:14 pm | Permalink

Love the pregnant mommy, and the little footprint(those toes)! :)

9. shaz
    Posted May 20, 2011 at 12:57 am | Permalink

Super cute post! Like all the others, I love, love, love the mama cookie, although I'd probably feel a bit weird about eating her bump ;P

10. Cakewhiz
    Posted May 20, 2011 at 7:16 am | Permalink

Awwww… They are all so adorable. My favorite is the foot print!

11. Bronnie
    Posted May 20, 2011 at 12:07 pm | Permalink

These are AMAZING!!! Bet they were a huge hit at the party. Well done!! I am such a huge fan of your blog and think you have come up with some really inspirational ideas, so thankyou!

12. Milla
    Posted May 20, 2011 at 1:54 pm | Permalink

WOOwww, i can´t find any word for it… Just amazing!! If i had a shower i would be forever greatful… You´r a pro!!

13. Amanda
    Posted July 18, 2011 at 9:50 pm | Permalink

Awww these cookies are soo cute!! I don't think I'd be able to eat them lol. great job! :D

14. The Shower Ladies
    Posted September 14, 2011 at 8:54 pm | Permalink

Would you make about four dozen rocking horses for a private party? Would you indicate the price too, please?
    They are absolutely adorable! We are planning a baby shower with a rocking horse theme and we were very excited to find your lovely cookies on your blog. Our colors are purple, lavender, green, pink, and white. And…we would need you to ship them to FL.
    Thanks for letting us know if you are willing. Our shower team liked your decorating skills better than others that we found online. Looking forward to your response…:-)

15. the decorated cookie
    Posted September 14, 2011 at 11:42 pm | Permalink

Thank you Shower Ladies! There is no email attached to your ID, so hopefully you'll check back here.

I don't sell cookies. I live in Washington DC, where you legally can't sell food goods from a home-based kitchen. However, 4 dozen rocking horse cookies on a stick shipped to Florida would be no problem for the shop where I used to work. They are fantastic, and look just like above. Just go to http://www.bundlesofcookies.com to find their info and give them a call. They are located in Maryland, but ship to Florida. I highly recommend them.

16. canvas prints
    Posted November 22, 2011 at 11:11 am | Permalink

What a brilliant post, love these they look so tasty.