mini cupcake wrapper template. you’re welcome.

This post raises an issue of grave importance for our current moment. One that should, no, must be addressed. That of cupcake liners vs. wrappers.

I fear we all know of that mysterious seepage of grease through the process of baking that ruins perfect, crisp white cupcake liners and destroys pricey, decorative liners. My prior solution of just baking cupcakes in plain liners and plopping them in decorative liners after they are baked worked well enough, sure, but those fresh, clean, unbaked cupcake liners just don’t hug the cupcake. The ill-fit is too apparent, I’m afraid.

There is another option. While this option is a bit tedious, it does save your presentation: Cupcake Wrappers. I’m now very into cupcake wrappers, especially since you’re free to make your own in any design or color you can find. I even included a cupcake wrapper template in my upcoming book.

But wait! I have another problem. Lately, I’m into mini cupcakes. Minis are the perfect size for little hands (my kid’s little hands, I do not have little hands, I have long, spindly fingers) and double as portion (and sugar) control. Templates for regular-sized cupcake wrappers are scattered all about the internet, but I couldn’t find one for mini cupcakes. So using very complicated math skills that involved percentages, inches and lots of eyeballing, I made a mini cupcake wrapper template.

So if you’ve experienced a similar fruitless search, then here ya’ go. CLICK HERE for the template.

how to make mini cupcake wrappers

1. Print out the template on white, letter-size paper.
2. Cut out the template.
3. Trace the template on the back of decorative cardstock or heavy-weight paper.
4. Tape the straight edges together with a piece of double-sided tape (so the overlap should be about the width of the tape).
5. Bake mini cupcakes in plain liners and just stick in the wrappers.
6. Decorate your cupcakes.

1. Jade Cahoon
    Posted August 5, 2011 at 2:20 pm | Permalink

Thank you SO much for the template!! I love making cupcake wrappers and recently tried free-handing a set of minis…they turned out pretty darn decently considering {haha}, but having a template on file will make it a breeze next time! Love, love, love this blog – thanks for all the inspiration! :) Have a nice weekend!!
    Jade @ Sweet Baby {Mason} James

2. Nosso Cupcake
    Posted August 5, 2011 at 4:45 pm | Permalink

This tutorial is very interesting. Do you know how I can make this little cupcake stand thas's in the picture? Thanks.

Posted August 5, 2011 at 5:24 pm | Permalink

I love those stands! They're meant for one regular size cupcake. I should've linked above, but the stands are paper stands from Hello Hanna. (www.hellohanna.com)

4. Ombretta
    Posted August 5, 2011 at 5:43 pm | Permalink

I love this cupcakes ! Nice very nice :-)

Posted August 5, 2011 at 6:03 pm | Permalink

Thanks for passing on this great idea/template! So easy to personalize too:) Can't wait for your book!

6. Trish - Sweetology101
    Posted August 5, 2011 at 7:00 pm | Permalink

oh gosh I am a wreck with a pair of scissors (just ask my childhood neighbor, Emily what I did to her hair….) but I actually think this looks easy. Mucho love-o The mini cupcake often gets overlooked. On behalf of them, I thank you.

Posted August 5, 2011 at 8:08 pm | Permalink

if you look not-too-closely, you'll see I'm a wreck with scissors, too! These are so choppy. I think I cut them all out at the same time, too.

8. Gloria
    Posted August 6, 2011 at 1:13 am | Permalink

Look beautiful! Thanks for sharing! gloria

9. CraftCrave
    Posted August 6, 2011 at 1:43 am | Permalink

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the Cooking category today [06 Aug 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

10. Tina
    Posted August 6, 2011 at 1:46 am | Permalink

Thanks for sharing this tutorial as well as the template! I can always use some tips on cupcake appearance.

11. The Vanilla Bean Baker
    Posted August 6, 2011 at 4:43 pm | Permalink

Adorable and colourful cupcakes. Love the mini templates too. So nice of you!

12. Lora
    Posted January 31, 2012 at 10:22 pm | Permalink

I love this! I tried to download this but it said you are now part of Scribd archive and to download it I must upload or pay for subcsription :/

13. Gwen Palin
    Posted February 20, 2012 at 9:58 pm | Permalink

Thanks- all are just super.

14. Posted March 18, 2014 at 1:59 pm | Permalink

Thank you so much for this – just what I needed!

15. Posted April 10, 2014 at 6:30 pm | Permalink

Definitely a cute effort to making a homemade cupcake wrapper look sweet! ;) Fun find! Always love seeing your creations. If you need more cupcake wrappers for any upcoming events, let me know. We always love sending you some of ours.

Carrie of Bella Cupcake Couture