lights, camera… me

I have a not-so-uncommon problem. I hate pictures of me. I hate videos of me even more. Oh sure, I joke about wanting to be on Martha, but in reality, you know what would happen? Remember that episode of The Brady Bunch where Cindy acts all high and mighty because she studied hard and got to be on that quiz show while Bobby goofed off? And then she sees the red light on the camera and freezes, unable to utter a word? (Yeah, I know my Brady Bunch. Like “won trivia contests” know my Brady Bunch.) That would be me on Martha.

So when Karen of Warning Sugary Goodness was coming through DC on her travels and she asked if she could video interview me, my first thought was “Red light. Camera. Freeze.” Then, “Conquer the fear, Meaghan.” And finally, “Yes, Karen.” I’m so glad I did. Karen proved the perfect opportunity to face my fears. This could easily be her career. She’s warm, engaging, and so easy to talk to I’m afraid I could’ve kept her at my house trapped for days just talking.

She’s way too kind to me, too. I love how she calls my house “spotless and gorgeous.” Because now I feel the need to point out a couple things.

Note to self: Run your errands and put the trash outside before your video debut. Or at least just move these things 5 feet to the right.

But other than that, I think I’m ready.

Thank you, Karen!! Also, you will now have to accompany me to every TV appearance I may ever make in the future.

1. Katrina {In Katrina's Kitchen}
    Posted October 14, 2011 at 5:26 pm | Permalink

OMG I just died laughing about the garbage- I would TOTALLY do that! Off to see the interview! ;)

2. Trish - Sweetology101
    Posted October 14, 2011 at 9:52 pm | Permalink

REAL LIFE party of ONE…REAL LIFE!

Yes, it is good to see that our confectionery hero's shop at DSW and have to take out the trash. YOu look CUTE however.

3. Alicia
    Posted October 15, 2011 at 1:34 pm | Permalink

Whyy???Your soo cute!Like your cookies!

4. the decorated cookie
    Posted October 15, 2011 at 1:56 pm | Permalink

Not only shopping at DSW in real life, but not able to afford the boots I splurged on, and hence have to return, sigh!

5. Paula
    Posted October 16, 2011 at 1:04 pm | Permalink

You may have worried about freezing once the cameras rolled Meaghan but you looked like a natural. What a lovely interview and it's obvious that you and Karen were very comfortable chatting with one another. Thanks for sharing this and for the link to Karen's site…it's a new one for me and I find her nothing short of amazing.
    Your book is on my pre-order list…I can't wait and hope that it does show up in my Christmas stocking!

6. the decorated cookie
    Posted October 16, 2011 at 1:09 pm | Permalink

Marry me, Paula?

Posted October 16, 2011 at 5:03 pm | Permalink

Meaghan, It was so fun to see you come to life!:) You're fabulous! I have your first book and am REALLY looking forward to your new one! You are one busy, talented gal, and a favorite of mine!

8. J+S
    Posted October 17, 2011 at 1:56 am | Permalink

Of course you were amazing in the interview! You look fantastic, you are articulate, and it's no wonder we all love you. :)

~Jenifer