Revisiting Twinkies, HoHos, SnowBalls and CupCakes

Gasp! Did you all know that Hostess filed for Chapter 11? I learned this from the source of all my (sweet) news, CakeSpy. She reposted her popular collection, “51 Ways to Kill a Twinkie” (that, by the way, I remember well and I featured it over at Edible Crafts back in ’08!).

I don’t have anything quite so hilarious in my vault, but I do have these Hostess-themed cookies I made almost two years ago. Twinkies, HoHos, SnoBalls and CupCakes, in cookie (and cookie pops) form.

Save the Twinkie!

1. Trish - Sweetology101
    Posted January 11, 2012 at 1:59 pm | Permalink

someone has been taking the twinkies behind their employees backs…..that is the ONLY way hostess could go in the "hole"! Crud I almost attack the hostess truck guy when I see him at the gas station….I tell him I am his biggest fan and bat my fake eyelashes.

2. Sue @ Cakeballs, cookies and more
    Posted January 11, 2012 at 2:10 pm | Permalink

So weird, they have been around for ever!

3. Page Song
    Posted January 11, 2012 at 2:58 pm | Permalink

so so cute!!!
    page

4. Meg@MegaCrafty
    Posted January 11, 2012 at 3:22 pm | Permalink

Those are so cute. Makes me remember how much I loved snowballs… well really all of them but especially snowballs.

5. notyet100
    Posted January 11, 2012 at 3:37 pm | Permalink

They look so cute

6. Tiffany@Fizzy Party!
    Posted January 11, 2012 at 6:16 pm | Permalink

Noooo! I love the snowballs and the chocolate donuts. That's it. I'm home sick with a cold but I'm going to the store and stocking up. They all freeze well. How dare American's get all healthy :) hee hee
    Love the cookies, so adorable.

7. sugarswings
    Posted January 11, 2012 at 9:48 pm | Permalink

Nooooo! Sno balls are my favs. Wonder what's the shelf life if I stock up!

8. Karen @ Sugartown Sweets
    Posted January 11, 2012 at 10:24 pm | Permalink

I hope this doesn't mean they're gonna disappear! I LOVE your cookie versions!

9. the decorated cookie
    Posted January 11, 2012 at 10:35 pm | Permalink

I hope so, too!! I can't imagine they will disappear. I don't know what this means, maybe they can be saved?!?

Posted January 12, 2012 at 10:59 pm | Permalink

Ha ha, I'm glad you reposted because I don't remember seeing these the first time around! They are so cute and clever, Meaghan! I can't believe they're going to be gone; they're a childhood institution! At least you have them memorialized(in cookie form) with your photos:)

11. SweetSugarBelle
    Posted January 14, 2012 at 9:19 am | Permalink

These are the most adorable things I've ever seen! And since I'm the new kid on the block this is my first time! Love them! You always have the beat ideas!ideas