top ten posts of 2011

Thanks to the magic of Google Analytics I can stalk all of you, see what you search for, see what you like on my blog (and, um, what doesn’t suit your fancy). I did the same thing last year, and crazily enough, there are some repeats in the top ten this year. Also crazily, most of the top ten are posts originally published in other years.

Once again, the post that got the most traffic this year was Mr. Melty. The melted snowman cookie that I invented in 2008 that has gone viral (dang, I should’ve copyrighted him somehow to get my financial windfall) still gets a lot of hits here at the source, thankfully.

The next popular posts:

my mason jar meal from 2010
 how to draw a snowflake and snowman on Oreos from 2008
fondant bugs from 2008
 snowy gift ideas from 2009
warm and fuzzy cotton candy heart pops from January
pizza pops from 2010
And if I limited the popular only to posts from 2011, these also would’ve made the cut:
mummy cookie pops from September
dunkable marshmallow love on a string from January

A humungous thank you to all of you for coming back month after month!!
You are all so amazing and wonderful (sniffle), I couldn’t keep blogging without you.
love, Meaghan

1. Trish - Sweetology101
    Posted January 1, 2012 at 4:29 pm | Permalink

your wrap up was so fun to look at..I can't believe there were a few posts I had not seen…can you believe it! Thanks for all you do to inspire us!

2. Sue Kirchner
    Posted January 1, 2012 at 5:34 pm | Permalink

I love all of your creative ideas. They inspire me to step my baking up a notch and make more fun treats with the kids in the kitchen. Keep the ideas coming in 2012, please! Happy New Year. I have to say, Mr. Melty is pretty darn clever.

3. sue @ cakeballs, cookies and more
    Posted January 1, 2012 at 5:47 pm | Permalink

I love posts like this, I get to see all the great things that I missed.

4. Lissa (Bellenza)
    Posted January 1, 2012 at 6:10 pm | Permalink

Can see why these posts were so popular! Such adorable and yummy ideas. Looking forward to more of the same in 2012. :-)

5. the decorated cookie
    Posted January 1, 2012 at 6:46 pm | Permalink

You're all the best! Thank you so much!

6. Glory/ Glorious Treats
    Posted January 1, 2012 at 8:39 pm | Permalink

So many cute and delicious things! Happy New Year Meaghan!

7. Anonymous
    Posted January 1, 2012 at 9:06 pm | Permalink

Thanks for your blog and for posting all like this. I get to enjoy them all at once ( and keep for reference ). Looking forward to your yummy talent in 2012. Lorna

8. Karen @ Sugartown Sweets
    Posted January 1, 2012 at 9:59 pm | Permalink

the decorated cookie..one of my new favorite blogs!! I love it..Happy New Year :)

9. Paula
    Posted January 2, 2012 at 6:53 pm | Permalink

Cheers to a great year of creative ideas in 2010 (and 09 etc.) Sincere best wishes for continue success in all your endeavors and most importantly, for good and lasting health.