cherry blossom marshmallows

Why, it’s a veritable cherry blossom bonanza! (I know, that was an odd exclamation.)

If you want some cherry blossoms around you, but don’t want to bake the cookies, make the fondant and go through those labors, just go with my old standby: Marshmallows and food coloring pens. Done and done. Yeah, I’m pretty sure most of you knew these were on their way.

Edible writers come in surprisingly few colors, so I pulled out all the pinks of all the brands I had to get some shades in there, my FooDoodlers, Gourmet Writers, Kopy Kakes, though a light pink doesn’t exist. (Side plea to those that make edible writers…. please make pastels! And a gray! And a lime green!) For these I used a brown marker to make the branch, then just added a bunch of pink dots. To try and get some lighter pinks, I used the side of a fat marker lightly. Add a stick if you want. I wanted.

Comments

1. says

so cute. And I got your book and tried your cake recipes for yellow cake and chocolate cake, but I must have done something wrong, I got way more out of it than you said, I made well over 60 mini cupcakes, and I filled them well. But it makes it even better, I had lots of extra:)

2. Sar Tann says

Those are beautiful marshmallows… In your opinion what are the best food writers? When I have used them they tend to drag and what ever I’m trying to do looks awful.. I’ve all but given up on them, do you have any suggestions?

• meaghanmountford says

Thank you Sar Tann! Looks like you found the post! Yes, I have many opinions on food writers :)

3. Sar Tann says

Sorry I’m so new to your site I didn’t realize you had a whole article on food writers. lolol The things you make are truly amazing. I read the whole thing and will look for the Gourmet Writer Food Decorator Pens. Thank you. :)

4. says

My husband was born and raised in Arlington and for our first year of marriage (1985) we lived in Reston. The whole of Washington DC and the (monument) mall (not to mention the mall at Tyson’s corner) was our playground. Nothing was more enchanting that the cherry blossoms in springtime. Your work is beautiful. Again, always.

xxoo

5. sandy says

I just love these marshmallows! You are so talented and I am looking forward to following your blog!!!

6. Jennifer says

Your creativity amazes me. I would never have dreamed that someone could make a simple marshmallow so beautiful!

7. Amanda C says

Absolutely beautiful. I never would have thought to use food writers on marshmallows. You did a gorgeous job. I would never want to eat them, they are way to pretty.

8. Ashleigh says

Wow your totally artistic, i didn’t even think doing this with marshmallows was possible. lol i totally love the melting snowman cookie totally yummy haha. You did a fabulous job,i could never eat em,but they look delicious.

Trackbacks