Bird’s Party Magazine and some Olympics treats

Do you know Bird? Yes, of course you do. Wait, there’s one or two of you who don’t? You must immediately. She’s an insanely talented party gal. This is the Bird’s Party blog. And she also works her techno-graphic magic to create fantastic magazines, available both free online and as a paper copy for purchase. You’ll want to see the latest issue for Spring/Summer 2012, and I’m not just saying that because yours truly is honored to have a couple of her own ideas in there. I’m saying that because it’s 182 pages of bright and colorful ideas and how-tos for birthday, Olympics and graduation parties. Oh yeah, and also 4th of July, golf, mother’s day and Spring parties. And a pancake brunch and a circus party and a street party. Themes range from rustic to modern, classic to whimsical. Think fondant chickens, pie pops, candy keys, clown or mermaid cupcakes and pineapple centerpieces. All in one issue.

Read the magazine online for free HERE.

Buy the hard copy of the magazine HERE.

I was lucky to contribute some Olympics-themed treats. First, I made these

mini cupcakes with fondant toppers that represent (almost) all of the sports and a couple for the host town, London.

I also made some sparkly Olympics rings cookies, a bigger version of bite-size cookies I made a couple years ago.

The how-tos for both the cupcakes and the cookies are found in the Spring/Summer 2012 issue of Bird’s Party Magazine.

Enjoy!! And thank you to Bird!

1. Maria
    Posted April 13, 2012 at 1:17 pm | Permalink

All are incredible, the cupcakes with sport like me but I love the Olympics rings. I`m going to copy your idea because I´ll want to public in my blog!!

2. Posted April 13, 2012 at 4:29 pm | Permalink

Congratulations on being featured in Birds Party Magazine. The Olympic themed treats you made are fabulous!

3. Posted April 13, 2012 at 5:00 pm | Permalink

So cute- what a good idea

4. Posted April 13, 2012 at 7:19 pm | Permalink

These are fantastic Meaghan, love them! Love that you’ve included some British elements such as the union jack flag to show it’s London 2012 olympics. I have to ask though, where’s the little retro tins on the street corners? Haha, joking, totally!

I recently catered cupcakes for a party on Easter Sunday. They wanted an Olympics/Great Britain theme with red/white/blue so this got me thinking and I took some inspiration from you and did gum paste bunting flags with coloured union jacks and the england flag. If you have a moment, please come check them out. I sooooo loved doing them, can’t wait to do more colouring on icing, lol.

We’re having a stall in May too so I’m going to be doing the same flags, can’t wait. Might take insipration from your designs too. I’m not that good at drawing though!

5. Posted April 13, 2012 at 10:44 pm | Permalink

Congrats on being featured, Meaghan! Your cupcakes and your Olympic rings cookies are fantastic! Love them!

6. Posted April 14, 2012 at 11:12 pm | Permalink

The fondant topped cupcakes are Soooo cute! How fun to have your ideas in this cute magazine! :)

7. Posted April 16, 2012 at 10:53 am | Permalink

Love the cupcake toppers!

8. Sweetsugarbelle
    Posted April 17, 2012 at 2:06 am | Permalink

I love your brain! It amazes me!

2 Trackbacks

1. […] How to tutorials for the Olympic Ring Cookies above and the London-Themed Cupcakes below are available here> The Decorated Cookie […]

2. By 2012 Opening Ceremonies Celebration on July 27, 2012 at 8:25 am