the best ever RAINBOW baby shower… for ME!!! a huge thank you, blog world friends!!!

WOW! OK, people, now I cry easily, so you know I was bawling when I turned on my computer and realized that the most awesome and sweet sweets bloggers created a virtual baby shower–in rainbow, my favorite and my first daughter’s favorite, no less–just for me!!! Every time I think the blog world is too overwhelming, when the competition seems to be too much, I’m reminded of what goodness and kindness and thoughtfulness exists in the same place to completely smush anything negative. And now I have a bright, colorful, roundup of all that sweet goodness forever online for Violet to see as she grows older.

As many of you know who follow me on facebook, I gave birth to my second daughter a few days early. Violet Lake (Lake is my mom’s maiden name), arrived on December 7th. She weighed in at 8 pounds 8 ounces (that’s nothin’, I was almost 10 pounds). She has super dark spiky hair and very cute, flat ears, both of which make me question her DNA. She has blue eyes, a big nose, skinny legs and an expression like she thinks the world is nuts, which sounds more in line with her genes.

A gigantic THANK YOU! to all these ladies for making my day today!!  A special thank you, too, to Michelle at Sugar Swings and Kathia at Pink Little Cake for organizing such a colorful sweetfest!! I wish we lived in the same town so I could give everyone a big, non-virtual, teary-eyed hug. You’ve got to take the rainbowy tour, because these women are freakin’ talented!!!

1.  Vanilla Bean BakerBaby’s First Christmas
13. Sugar SwingsRainbow Madeleines
14. Pint Sized BakerRainbow Meringue Tarts
15. Bird on a CakeRainbow Petal Cake
16. Haniela’sRainbow Centerpiece
17. Miss CandiquikMarshmallow Baby Bottles

1. Posted December 14, 2012 at 5:19 pm | Permalink

She is absolutely gorgeous, Meghan! Congratulations!

2. Posted December 14, 2012 at 5:30 pm | Permalink

So happy to share some joy with you today:) Violet is precious.

3. Posted December 14, 2012 at 5:44 pm | Permalink

Violet is as beautiful as her name! Congratulations Meaghan. I’m so happy that she arrived safe and sound and that you are doing well. God bless you and your beautiful family :)

4. Posted December 14, 2012 at 7:19 pm | Permalink

She’s so precious, Meaghan. I love her little personality already. And everything is so crazy beautiful. Congratulations.

5. Posted December 14, 2012 at 8:26 pm | Permalink

What a little beauty!! Congratulations!

6. Posted December 15, 2012 at 7:24 pm | Permalink

Congrats on your new beautiful girl!!! :)

7. Posted December 15, 2012 at 8:56 pm | Permalink

Let’s celebrate life!! your baby is adorable’ I just want to kis her cheeks! Congratulations, we are truly happy for you. I am so glad you liked your Baby Shower.
    Hugs

8. Posted December 15, 2012 at 9:54 pm | Permalink

I’m so happy you enjoyed your virtual baby shower and that our rainbow creations made your day!! And Congrats again!! Violet is sooo adorable!! :)

9. Posted December 15, 2012 at 10:49 pm | Permalink

Awwww! Glad you enjoyed and I truly hope the rainbows brought a smile to many people! So happy you and violet and your new family of 4 are doing great!!

10. Posted December 15, 2012 at 11:24 pm | Permalink

talk about a precious pot of gold named Violet at the end of the rainbow! blessings to you Meaghan and your family for many years of joy :) all these rainbow treats are simply awesome!

11. Jaan L of Tx
    Posted December 16, 2012 at 12:16 am | Permalink

Congrats on such a beautiful baby girl with such a pretty name. You are very blessed. Happy Holidays.

12. Posted December 16, 2012 at 7:49 am | Permalink

Congratulations! I didn’t realize how quickly your due date had come, I remember when you announced your pregnancy! How time flies!

Violet is so cute, I love that picture. How wonderful to have so many people care about you that they even throw you a “virtual” baby shower! You are blessed!

13. Posted December 17, 2012 at 5:05 am | Permalink

Congratulations and what a cute virtual party. My kids all had the super dark hair and 2 of them are blond now so you never know. She is adorable and has a super pretty name.

14. Posted December 17, 2012 at 12:37 pm | Permalink

A BIG CONGRATS!!!!

15. Posted December 18, 2012 at 7:30 am | Permalink

I love your rainbow virtual baby shower! Haven’t had time yet to check out all the rainbows-they all look amazing!!! Congratulations on your beautiful little girl! (She must be the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow!!) I love the name Violet!

16. Posted December 21, 2012 at 10:26 pm | Permalink

Wanted to wish you and your family a Happy Holiday season and a huge Congrats to a new baby girl. You deserve all the love and happiness a new baby brings :)

17. Posted January 15, 2013 at 12:10 am | Permalink

Congratulations! What a wonderful virtual baby shower.