This is an odd roundup for me, as I don’t actually eat gummy bears. Or gummy anything. I mean, if I was starving and there was a pile of gummy bears in front of me, I’d probably have one. But if I am standing in the candy aisle faced with a choice between gummy bears and anything with chocolate, I’m choosing the chocolate. Every time. If you are a gummy addict, tell me, what is the joy? The texture? The stick-in-your-teeth-ivity? The sweetness? The icon-ness of them? I’m missing something, I’m sure, because you clever folks are doing a lot of cool things with gummy bears. I would even be tempted to try these. Here are 20 things you can make with gummy bears.
1. Make cookies. How smart is this? Find the recipe for thumbprint cookies with gummy bears at The Baking Robot. This is a gummy bear recipe I can get behind.
2. Make them healthy. These actually have fruit. Real fruit. Find the recipe for healthy, homemade gummy bears at Undressed Skeleton.
3. Be inspired. Oh my goodness, gracious, check out the paintings of Jeanne Vadeboncoeur.
4. Get them drunk. Fill them with vodka at That’s So Michelle.
5. Take them surfing, on chocolate-covered potato chips. Find the recipe at Babble.
6. Perform surgery. See how you can rearrange gummy bear parts at Instructables. My favorite is the heart surgery.
7. Make a bearskin rug. Pretty freaking funny, yes? Also check out the Rice Krispyhenge and Twinkie Circuitry by Brock Davis.
8. Bake a cake. Five layers of gummyness. Find the recipe at raspberri cupcakes.
9. Freeze them in ice cubes. Make pretty ice cubes at Funkytime.
10. Put them in a fishbowl. Better yet, a fishbowl JellO shot. Find the how-tos at Rock UR Party.
11. Turn them into aliens. Make flying saucer macarons at raspberri cupcakes.
12. Make pandas, chocolatey pandas. Dip them in chocolate and make panda bears at The Cheese Thief.
13. Make popsicles. Sprite and gummy bears, frozen together at last. Find the how-tos at Zoom Yummy.
14. Have them soak in a tub of chocolate. Make hot tub teddy bears at babble.
15. Make jewelry. Make a bracelet at WikiHow.
16. Make a house. You only need one gummy bear (he’s seated on the chair) to make this house cake, at Spoonful.
17. Have a party. And serve these gummy bear favors. Find the whole party at Bliss Bloom Blog.
18. Take them to the beach. By the JellO sea. Find the how-tos at Mommy Savers.
19. Wear them. Ummm, yeeeeah. Wear them. You’ll need 50,000 of them. I think I’d make a mini dress.
Feel free to share (nicely)! While my blog's photographs and text are protected by copyright, I do allow (and encourage) you to share ONE photograph with credit to "the decorated cookie" and link to this blog post. PLEASE don't reprint any part of the blog post and PLEASE don't post a photo without credit. Thank you!