Shopping got you down? Perplexed? Overwhelmed. Don’t worry, I’m here. And I have all your holiday shopping done in one stop.
This is a sponsored post, but you’ll notice I rarely take on sponsored posts. I accepted this only ONLY because Uncommon Goods is the first site I stop by when shopping for gifts. For reals. I’ve been a fan since they founded in Brooklyn in 1999, so we go way back. I kind of feel like we have a special relationship, Uncommon and I (can I call you uncommon?). Plus, they are all about providing a platform to individual artists and designers, which is much more exciting for the recipient (especially those that already have freaking everything) than much-less-unique mass-produced goods.
Things I didn’t know: Their lowest-paid seasonal worker starts at 50 percent over minimum wage. The non-profits they support? RAINN, American Forests, International Rescue Committee, and Reach out and Read. So we can all feel good about our purchases AND give gifts that are awesome and unique and totally useful.
So here are my problem holiday gift shopping areas, which I’ll tackle below: Getting gifts for my dad and husband. Men (insert head shake, am I right?) Spending too much on each person, so I need some gift ideas under 50 bucks. And all around finding stuff that’s different and unique that won’t end up sitting in a drawer. This is what I’ve come up with. So far.
FOR FOOD FANATICS:
- Are they always in a hurry? Give them a 45-second omelet maker.
- Got a spice fan? Make your own hot sauce DIY kit.
- This is one I want. The no-break pasta pot with strainer.
- For the everything-must-be-perfect cheese fan, this cheese cutting board.
- Pasta lover? Give them a homemade ravioli kit.
- I actually own this mobile spice kit, and it’s fantastic.
FOR DRINKERS (GLUG, GLUG!)
- Kick it old school with this flask-in-book.
- I would start drinking tequila if I had these Himalayan Salt Tequila Glasses.
- No bath tub needed, give a homemade gin kit.
- I think I’m in love. Give them the oh-so-practical wine tote.
- I know a husband who would like this Bourbon Stout Beer brewing kit.
- Like the harder stuff? Give them a spicy cinnamon whiskey infusion kit.
- Chilling wine with class, these Fluorite wine chillers.
- For home beer tastings?
- I’m guessing they don’t already have scotch-infused toothpicks.
- I got this for my husband too, a guitar pick punch.
- I bought this<arel=”nofollow” href=”https://www.uncommongoods.com/product/beer-cap-map-usa” target=”_blank” rel=”nofollow noopener”> beer cap USA for my husband, and he’s a manfolk.
- For the bearded menfolk, this beard pack.
- Keep ’em safe with magnetic bike lights.
- I didn’t even know they had iPad foosball.
- I bought this birth month flower necklace for my mother-in-law last year. I love it.
- Book-loving fashionista? I have the Alice in Wonderland literary scarf.
- Grow something! Mason jar indoor flower garden.
- Handy for the biker… a bike cup holder.
- Does she travel? Try these organizing travel totes.
- Ohmygosh, I love this indigo kimono.
- I know a few women who might like/need a bracelet flask.
- With the state of my purse, I need runway lights. Try an automatic handbag illuminator.
FOR TEENS AND KIDS:
- Are they crafty? Try a yarn tree kit.
- I got this ticket stub diary for my teenage niece, who just started going to concerts.
- This would have been my dream gift as a kid. An architectural model and design kit.
- This claymation stop motion kit is soooo cool.
- I’ve always loved these face plates.
- For kids on the go, this art set.
- For the tech savvy kid, this words tablet game.
- Aww. This fairy kit.
FOR UNICORN LOVERS:
- Create a world with this DIY unicorn terrarium kit .
- Try a unicorn felting kit.
- Unicorn and rainbow earrings, ’80s style!
- Afraid of the dark? A unicorn night light.
- Your morning coffee needs more unicorn. Unicorn mug.
FOR PET PEOPLE:
- For city cats, the Brooklyn pet house.
- Or a custom pet necklace.
- Have a kitty cat online sensation? These video cat tumblers.
- For the lazy pet owner (like me), a no clean aquarium.
- Carry your pet in style with this pet travel tote.
- I think they need a custom pet pillow.
- Get on the succulent trend with this DIY felt succulents kit.
- What an awesome sewing station.
- Perfectly practical yarn bowl.
- For a splurge (like for me? Anyone?), this Nantucket Throw Knit Kit.
- Give their wrist a break with this electric stippling pen.
- How about a botanical embroidery kit.
Not ready to shop? PIN FOR LATER: