eek! monsters!

how to make eek! monsters! bite-size cookies

you will need:*
dough
icing
1 1/2″ circle cookie cutter
frosting colors (black, white and any background color)
1 frosting bag for each color

1 coupler for each color
rubber bands
decorating tips, sizes 2, 3, and 4

*Find cutters, bags, couplers and tips at any major craft store. For colors, I use Americolor soft gel pastes. You will need White and Black coloring for the eyes, and your preferred background color. I used Orange, Electric Green and Regal Purple.
step one: bake your circles
Cut out mini circles and bake according to recipe. Let cool.

step two: prepare your frosting
Prepare frosting according to the recipe and divide to mix your colors (I used 5 colors. You will need white and black for the eyes, and I used orange, lime and purple for the backgrounds.) For each background color, prepare a frosting bag with coupler and size “4″ tip. Fill bags and tie closed with rubber band. For eyes, fill a bag fitted with a size “3″ tip with white and fill a bag fitted with a size “2″ tip for black.

step three: decorate your monster bites
Pipe a circle and fill with your preferred color. Let set about ten minutes. Pipe one, three or four dots with white and let set about ten minutes. Pipe dots on top of the white and pipe a smile with the black frosting. Let dry overnight if wrapping.
The monster mash.

1. Kat
    Posted October 10, 2009 at 11:09 pm | Permalink

They are very cute!

2. natalie
    Posted October 11, 2009 at 1:45 am | Permalink

omg these are too cute! i'm gonna have to make some of these for my nephews for halloween!!

3. Sue Sparks
    Posted October 11, 2009 at 5:45 am | Permalink

These are darling! I'm going to make them for sure! Thanks for the idea…same with the mummies:)

4. Wic
    Posted October 11, 2009 at 6:06 am | Permalink

They are so cute and funny.
    My twin boys will go crazy for them. I think I know what we will be doing today.
    Thanks for the lovely idea.

5. Cat J B
    Posted October 11, 2009 at 9:36 am | Permalink

Very cute, I'll give these ago for an upcoming party!

6. Marian
    Posted October 12, 2009 at 11:05 am | Permalink

Adorable cookies! Glad to see you have your own kitchen back again. ;-)

7. Amanda
    Posted October 12, 2009 at 11:33 am | Permalink

You should just rename your blog – The Cute Blog

These are adorable!

Posted October 12, 2009 at 1:11 pm | Permalink

You are all way too nice! Yes…great to have a kitchen back (not totally done, but the oven's in). And look, Amanda, I recently found this web site: epicute.com, "the cute food blog." (I found it b/c they featured my gourds).

9. Mini Baker
    Posted October 12, 2009 at 11:33 pm | Permalink

hehe! I love the ones with 4 eyes!

10. Cakebrain
    Posted October 15, 2009 at 5:12 am | Permalink

oh geez! they are so silly-cute! The kids would love these!

11. Sidnie
    Posted October 16, 2009 at 8:28 am | Permalink

Love these!
    Our little monster has his first birthday in the next week, these are perfect for him!!
    [Linking in my Friday Favorites]