Need a last minute Christmas food gift idea? Or a quick Christmas snack or dessert? Try these easy Christmas pretzel treats. Minutes to make, cute as can be.
These Christmas pretzel treats are so simple to make.
And sweet and salty delicious, and cute to boot.
Here, I used the traditional Christmas pretzel hugs recipe (pretzel plus Hershey’s Kiss plus M and M), but instead of the M and M candy, I added some Christmas-themed icing decorations I found at the craft store.
The decorations also come in gingerbread men, candy canes, and snowmen. If the shelves are cleaned out of the cuteness, you can use any other candy you like that will fit on the pretzel.
As Christmas is still a few days away, I’m going to try and put these in a sealed container and keep them in the fridge in the hopes they will stay fresh until next week. Given the ingredients, I think I’ll be good.
last-minute Christmas treats
how to make Christmas pretzel treats
you will need:
- square pretzel snaps
- Hershey’s Kisses (“candy cane” flavor used here)
- icing decorations
what to do:
Preheat oven to 200 degrees F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Arrange pretzels on the tray. Top with unwrapped Hershey’s Kisses.
Bake just until the chocolate starts to melt, 4 to 5 minutes. (Remember the chocolate will continue to melt a bit on the hot tray.) Top with an icing decoration and chill.
- 40 square pretzel snaps
- 40 Hershey's Kisses ("candy cane" flavor used here)
- 40 icing decorations
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Arrange pretzels on the tray. Top with unwrapped Hershey's Kisses.
- Bake just until the chocolate starts to melt, 4 to 5 minutes. (Remember the chocolate will continue to melt a bit on the hot tray.)
- Top with an icing decoration and chill.
Check out theDecoratedCookie.com for lots more fun food ideas for Christmas.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 212Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 393mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 1gSugar: 15gProtein: 3g