Harlequin romance novel cupcakes

On this Valentine’s eve, I thought I’d take just a moment to pay homage to the great people I like to call… my publishers. Because as I’ve mentioned before, getting a book deal is really, really hard. You need just that one group of people who will your way and like you and like what you do.  And then be willing to take a chance on you. Sheesh, it’s kind of like a relationship. It is a relationship.

Who are these great people of whom I speak? They are Harlequin. Yes, famed for their romance novels. But alas, I assured my husband he wouldn’t have to pose for the cover, for they have a non-fiction department, too. But I know you know them for romance and desire and other such timely sentiments.

But my book is very much Harlequin‘s book, too. They’ve poured months and months into every agonizing detail of the book from the cover to the page inside to getting it in stores to spreading the word. I’m exhausted thinking of how much work they put into Sugarlicious.  So this sugar is for them.

I made cut out fondant rectangles and wrapped them in more fondant. Then I drew some of their titles on the covers with my handy dandy edible writers. Propped them on top of cupcakes and you have romance novel cupcakes.

Thank you, Harlequin!!

1. Posted February 13, 2012 at 3:52 pm | Permalink

Ummmm you nailed it! These are so cute and so detailed! Great work… as always :)

2. Posted February 13, 2012 at 4:24 pm | Permalink

LOVE!! I am a HUGE reader and always love a nice romantic read!! These are such a great idea!

3. Posted February 13, 2012 at 4:46 pm | Permalink

As always, I am blown away by your talent…these are adorable!! I can’t wait to get your book and see all the fun stuff you’ve created :)

4. Posted February 13, 2012 at 5:07 pm | Permalink

Such adorable cupcakes! As always, I’m amazed at your attention to detail!

5. Posted February 13, 2012 at 5:14 pm | Permalink

OMG I love them!! They’d be great at a book launch or for your reading club meeting and much more. Great idea!!

Posted February 13, 2012 at 5:18 pm | Permalink

Thank you! Such great material to work with them there romance novels!

7. Posted February 13, 2012 at 5:18 pm | Permalink

Okay Meaghan, you’ve out done yourself this time. These are so amazing. Great use of ebible pens!!!!!!!!! Love it

8. Posted February 13, 2012 at 6:11 pm | Permalink

These cupcakes are adorable! Awesome job!

9. Posted February 13, 2012 at 8:56 pm | Permalink

These are so incredibly sweet! What a lovely idea.

10. Posted February 13, 2012 at 9:46 pm | Permalink

How ‘novel’!

11. Posted February 13, 2012 at 10:24 pm | Permalink

What a sweet way to acknowledge your publisher. I’m sure they loved your cupcakes. Your drawings are perfect. Hey, maybe they should have your draw some of their book covers!

12. Posted February 14, 2012 at 1:45 am | Permalink

I have been waiting all day to comment – I was so busy at work today (which sucks for my blog reading btw….) THESE are hilarious! I LOVE fondant books (aheeem – Sugar Sugarlicious) Look at how clever you are – I like the size of your books, I tend to make mine GIGANTIC but yours are proportional. There is something magical about good proportions, just ask a Victoria Secret model.

13. Posted February 14, 2012 at 3:36 am | Permalink

These are gorgeous! I remember seeing those books everywhere xD Great job on the cover designs!

~ Kieli ~

Posted February 14, 2012 at 4:20 am | Permalink

Trisha, YOURS are what inspired me!! Well, I had this in my head, but then I saw yours and it was confirmed. Just wish I had an edible printer. Luckily, I know lots of Vic. Sec. models, so I’ll ask them, cuz I don’t know about such things as “good” proportions. And kaholly, yes. Yes, I did laugh out loud at that, so shame on both of us :) !

15. Posted February 14, 2012 at 3:32 pm | Permalink

These are the cutest, teeniest books and the detail on the covers models are amazing and adorable. I love all your romance novel titles!

16. Posted February 15, 2012 at 4:14 pm | Permalink

These are fabulous!!! LOVE! And by the way, I featured your book this morning in my Entertaining must reads for 2012. ;) Congrats on your fabulous book sweet friend!

17. Posted February 15, 2012 at 6:02 pm | Permalink

Your tiny books are just too cute and too perfect! Love!

18. Posted February 17, 2012 at 12:36 pm | Permalink

These are brilliant. What a clever tribute to your publishers and an original Valentine’s Day treat.

19. Jana DeLeon
    Posted February 17, 2012 at 1:27 pm | Permalink

Another writer posted this on a loop. I LOVE the cupcakes. You have many talents.

Congrats on your sale and welcome to Harlequin. I hope to see you on the author’s loop. :)

20. Posted February 17, 2012 at 2:34 pm | Permalink

very pretty, thanks for sharing.

Julie

Posted February 17, 2012 at 2:53 pm | Permalink

Author’s loop? I love loops, I’ll check it out! Thanks, Jana!

22. Emily McKay
    Posted February 17, 2012 at 5:21 pm | Permalink

Those may be the cutest thing I’ve ever seen!
    Btw, I too am a Harlequin author, but of the romance novel variety. And I love these cupcakes!!! I don’t suppose you’d make them to order??

Posted February 17, 2012 at 5:28 pm | Permalink

Ooh, another Harlequin author! Yay! So glad you stopped by to visit! Alas, everything I make is for my blog and photos and things and I don’t actually have a shop or sell anything (I’m in DC where home-based food bizes are no-nos.)