mini cupcakes for a little cupcake’s rainbow birthday party

This one is a quickie post… just had to share these li’l bite-size cupcakes I made for my dear friend’s crazy cute two-year old’s birthday (last month, I’m a little behind). The party was a rainbow theme. Oh, I wish you were there to see the details, absolute adorable rainbowy goodness. And it was one of those classic kid birthday parties that I remember myself as a kid, on an unseasonably warm day in March, where the grown-ups yakked over wine and beer, lounging outside for hours, while kids ran around barefoot. Pinata, cake all over faces, spilled bubbles…

These are mini cupcakes–the best for kid’s parties, by the way, since they fit tiny hands and you get more bang for your buck from a batch to feed the masses. I swirled some white icing on top and cut out tiny, little “2”s from fondant with a tiny, little number cutter I had.

That’s it. So easy.

1. Posted April 20, 2012 at 11:47 am | Permalink

Teeny, Tiny & Terrific! Love the photos too!

2. Posted April 20, 2012 at 11:54 am | Permalink

So cute!! anything rainbow is awesome. I love the little toppers

3. Posted April 20, 2012 at 12:02 pm | Permalink

love it, I love rainbow parties so need to have one.

4. Posted April 20, 2012 at 12:04 pm | Permalink

gorgeous cupcakes and photos love

5. Posted April 20, 2012 at 1:56 pm | Permalink

So little and cute. I love these cupcakes because they are the perfect size for little kids.
    PS: I made a shoe and use your recipe for modeling chocolate for the heel, it worked out perfect.Thanks.

6. Posted April 21, 2012 at 10:10 pm | Permalink

I love these! Cute, Colorful & Easy. :)

7. Posted June 5, 2012 at 6:34 pm | Permalink

These cupcakes are so adorable!!! I love the colors of the cupcake liners. Did you order them online? Where I live there aren’t any stores that carry cute cupcake liners. Please let me know where I can order them. Thank you so much!!! I just pinned this on Pinterest!!!! I LOVE them!!!

Posted June 5, 2012 at 7:56 pm | Permalink

Hi Barbara,
    Thanks so much!

I can’t remember where I got them exactly, I think it was Michaels. Yep, I’m almost sure it was Michaels. But you can also get them online. I believe mine came in packs of 2 or 3 colors (more economical than buying individually), but they do have solid color mini cupcake liners at the layer cake shop– http://layercakeshop.com/index.php/Shop/Baking/Mini-Baking-Cups/View-all-products.html — and also at BAke it Pretty — http://www.bakeitpretty.com/mini-size-cupcake-liners-baking-cups/– and they have super cute polka dot mini cupcake liners at Shop Sweet Lulu: http://www.shopsweetlulu.com/category/Cupcake-Liners/c73pg. You might even find some by searching on etsy for supplies.