I have no shortage of Halloween cookies on my blog.
(Actually, no shortage of Halloween treats of all kinds.) Halloween is just so conducive to cookie decorating.
Monsters and Frankensteins and ghosts and Jack O’ Lanterns and witches, oh my.
It rivals Christmas as the best cookie decorating holiday ever.
You can create super easy cookies (just add candy eyes to anything) or super detailed.
No matter your cookie decorating level, here are 30 Halloween cookies ideas for your Halloween party, classroom party, trick or treating, or just for fun.
basic cookie decorating
Before we did in to the Halloween cookies, I have some basics for you. These are my decades-old recipes and how-tos for perfect cookie decorating every time.
- perfect cut-out cookie dough recipe (here’s perfect vegan cookie and icing recipes if you need them)
- perfect royal icing recipe
- basic cookie decorating instructions
- tips on food coloring
- take my course! Learn to decorate cookies in less than an hour of video instructions. Visit the Sugar Academy.
I’ll start at home and share some of my favorite decorated cookies for Halloween.
These monster cookie sticks are in the “easy” cookie category. So are these werewolf cookies. See? I told you all you had to do was add eyes to make Halloween cookies.Just add sprinkles to these spider cookies.
More Halloween cookie decorating ideas
- Find lots of Halloween decorated cookie inspiration at Haniela’s.
- Learn to make these creepy eye cookies or this Frankenstein cookie, from Sweet Sugarbelle.
- These spider cookies from the Bearfoot Baker are creeping me out.
- Cutest ghost cookies ever! By Sarah’s Bake Studio.
- This tombstone cookie from The Partiologist is incredible.
- These Bride of Frankenstein cookies from Bake at 350 are gorgeous.
- Loving the poison apple cookies from Angelica Made Me.
- Halloween voodoo doll cookies by Not Quite Nigella are fantastic.
- 3D cauldron cookies by Hungry Happenings are so clever.
- No need for doom and gloom. Check out these painted pumpkin cookies by Glorious Treats.
- Speaking of doom and gloom, “Newlydead” couple tutorial from Wilton.
- Make cameo cookies, by Country Living.
- Break open these Halloween cookies from Not Martha for sweet surprises.
- Wow to these ouija board cookies! By The Simple, Sweet Life.
- Find the tutorials for skull candle cookies and Jack O’ Lantern cookies at SemiSweet.
- Love ’em or hate ’em, you can’t have Halloween without candy corn. Cookies by The Bearfoot Baker.
- Monster cookies that fall in the easy category.
- If they count as cookies, these monster whoopie pies by Your Cup of Cake.
- These Halloween cookies on squares from Lila Loa are adorable.
- These monster cookies by Tell Love and Party fall in the “bright and fun” category.
- These black cat cookies are so simple, yet so awesome.
- Zombie cookies by Not Quite Nigella are as fantastic as the voodoo dolls.
- I’ve seen versions of these spider peanut butter cookies (these by Eat Little Bird) all over. Cute!
- Mummy cookies by Created by Diane are simple and sound delicious.
Leave a Reply