mini witch leg cookies (as in, Wizard of Oz) (as in, my fourth challenge)

News on the Foodbuzz Project Food Blogfront: My kid’s cookie decorating dinner party got me through to round 4! Though I’m not sure how many more rounds I’ll survive. The competition is pretty dang impressive. But another huge and hearty THANK YOU! to all who voted for me. The next challenge: use photography to create a step by step, instructional photo tutorial.

As my daughter has been obsessively watching Wizard of Oz of late, and as it seems appropriate for Halloween, I thought of the witch’s legs after Dorothy smushes the wicked witch with her house in Munchkinland (accidentally, of course). So I made tiny little bite-size cookie stackswithsparkly ruby slippers.Step-by-step instructional tutorials are, as many of you know, a crucial component of this blog. But, I usually rely on my little drawings. So, this is a bit of new territory. Buthere goes. A photo tutorial…
how to make witch leg cookies
step one: bake your cookies
step two: prepare your frosting bag

step three: stack your cookies
step four: make your ruby slippers

step five: assemble your witch legs

Comments

1. Debbie says

You are too darn cute! I love the picture with her legs sticking out of the house, your daughter sure is a lucky girl!

2. Lindsey @ Gingerbread Bagels says

How fun are those!!! What an incredibly creative idea, I love it! Your instructions were so clear and very easy to follow. Fantastic job! Best of luck.

3. GreenGirl says

OMg, these tinny legs are perfect, I was looking for some ideas for my Baby's next month birthday and these one are definitely a must, thanks for sharing

4. SUNFLOWERS8 says

Davvero un'idea molto simpatica, cercherò di rifarle per mia figlia ^_^ come sempre grazie per condividere con noi tutte queste meraviglie!
    A presto
    Sonia

5. Sue says

THIS is one of the CUTEST, most creative treats I've EVER seen! You have always posted great tutorials and this is no exception! Way to go, Meaghan!

6. TheChocolatePriestess says

I really like your step by step directions with the photos. I think that is very helpful and one thing that the Internet can do better than a traditional cookbook. That many photos would make a book crazy expensive.

7. J+S says

MEAGHAN! I AM TYPING THIS IN ALL CAPS SO YOU WILL KNOW THAT I HAVE BEEN SQUEALING WITH DELIGHT FOR ABOUT TEN MINUTES OVER THESE. I LOVE. LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE. I HAVE TO REPOST ON MY BLOG AND CREDIT BACK TO YOU (OF COURSE). TOMORROW. YOU ARE MY COOKIE HEROINE.

~JENIFER

8. sophia says

Hee hee! This is so befitting. It's definitely something unusual, one which I cannot get from other blogs or cookbooks!

9. Jacob's Kitchen says

A-dorable! And the tutorial is clear and easy to follow. nicely done. I will definitely be making these this Halloween! Thanks for sharing! I voted for you!

good luck! Hope to see us both in round 5 !!!

10. Beth says

Your post really stood out among the other contestants with this one! I love the tutorial, and especially the subject matter! Great photography, too. Thanks for brightening our day with this one!

11. Stay-At-Home-Chef says

Loved your post…super cute idea! Great instructional step-by-step photos as well. Good luck and hope to join you in the next round!

12. We Are Not Martha says

This is absolutely adorable and so perfect for Halloween! Also, it's the kind of thing I'd NEVER attempt if it only featured one final photo. But since you explain it step-by-step, it makes it feel much more obtainable. Good luck!! :)

Sues

13. Daily Spud says

Those witch legs are just the cutest things ever! I'm rushing over to vote before I'm crushed by any falling houses 😀

14. Chic Cookies says

Oh shucks, this outpouring is so wonderful! Thank you all for your kind comments (and votes)! Bestest readers ever.

15. Lorraine says

What a fabulous idea! So creative. I also love your house! I have been voting for you and hope you win! Congratulations on making this round also.

16. bridget {bake at 350} says

Great tutorial! These are SO SO cute!

I swear, I can't keep up with you….you are a blogging, baking machine!

17. Nads' Bakery says

Oh my gosh, that's hilarious!! My boss had something like that he put under his couch! But made of stuffed legs, of course. Too cute.

18. Butter says

Genius – And "this is new territory"…you would never know – my goodness. This was so creative with every component of the challenge. I am voting because this is truly Picture PERFECT!
    – Butter
    (from Running On Butter)

19. I run for cake! says

Oh my gosh, your creativity never ends! These are absolutely adorable! I'm so excited to see you are still in the competition and I think you can go all the way, each week your entries are amazing!

20. <br>Jo Lynne @ <br> Carpe Cupcakes! says

I didn't make it past the first round, but you have had my vote in the contest every time. I have a master's degree in instructional design and you hit a home run with your tutorial. LOVE the ruby slippers!

21. <br>Jo Lynne @ <br> Carpe Cupcakes! says

22. <br>Jo Lynne @ <br> Carpe Cupcakes! says

23. <br>Jo Lynne @ <br> Carpe Cupcakes! says

• meaghanmountford says

LOVE the Wizard of Oz! LOVE your cookies! (I once played Glinda in a church play, so glad you got her in there, too!)