gingerbead house pops

I needn’t emphasize yet again how much better everything is on a stick.

how to make gingerbread houses on a stick

you will need*
gingerbread cookie recipe
royal icing
this template
dough scraper or knife

white food coloring
marshmallows
lollipop sticks
decorating bag
coupler
decorating tips (sizes “2″ and “3″)
rubber band
sprinkles

*I used Martha’s recipe for gingerbread, but cut it in half and reduced the amount of pepper. Find the lollipop sticks, decorating bag, coupler, tips and sprinkles in the craft store. You may find the food coloring there, too, but I prefer Americolor soft gel pastes, Bright White. For tips on finding supplies, click HERE.

step one: bake your cookies
Prepare gingerbread dough, chill, roll out on a floured surface according to the recipe. Use the templateto cut out the sides and roof of the house. Bake according to recipe and let cool.

step two: prepare your frosting
Prepare royal icing according to recipe and brighten with white food coloring. Prepare a frosting bag with a coupler and size “3″ tip, fill with icing and tie closed with a rubber band.

step three: assemble your house
Use the icing as glue to assemble the house. Let dry completely.

step four: decorate your house
Decorate however you like. I used the white icing with a size “2″ tip for details and coated the roof with sprinkles.

step four: make a pop
Skewer a marshmallow on its side (the rounded side, not the flat part) and insert into the house.

Linking to:

Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up     party!

mmm button

1. Victoria (The District Chocoholic)
    Posted December 18, 2010 at 10:15 pm | Permalink

These are so cute that I nearly died when I saw the picture. You're a genius!

2. Samantha
    Posted December 18, 2010 at 11:01 pm | Permalink

Oh now that's what I call mega cute and yummi too! Awesome job!! Samantha :0)

3. Glory/ Glorious Treats
    Posted December 18, 2010 at 11:02 pm | Permalink

Super cute!!

4. Cakebrain
    Posted December 19, 2010 at 12:00 am | Permalink

very very cute! I'll bet kids would love these!

5. Kathy Martin
    Posted December 19, 2010 at 12:27 am | Permalink

Now those are very cute and creative! LOVE! :)

6. TeaLady
    Posted December 19, 2010 at 12:39 am | Permalink

How amazingly creative.

7. CraftCrave
    Posted December 19, 2010 at 1:23 am | Permalink

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the Cooking category today [19 Dec 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

8. Frk. Overballe
    Posted December 19, 2010 at 8:16 am | Permalink

Brilliant! I wondered how you made the houses stay on the sticks!

9. Nourhan @ Miss Anthropist's Kitchen
    Posted December 19, 2010 at 12:37 pm | Permalink

Omg THAT is brilliant! :D You really love anything on pops hahaha, good job!

10. bridget {bake at 350}
    Posted December 19, 2010 at 2:44 pm | Permalink

Just darling!!! I think you have cornered the market on "cute," my dear! Love your tutorial, as always!

11. Mandy Crandell
    Posted December 19, 2010 at 3:16 pm | Permalink

Darling! So festive!

Posted December 19, 2010 at 3:48 pm | Permalink

Okay Meaghan, This may be the cutest treat on a stick yet! I absolutely LOVE them!!! Ingenious! Thanks for the template , and the marshmallow is brilliant(I was wondering how it held up with the stick)! :)

13. kayleigh83
    Posted December 19, 2010 at 10:07 pm | Permalink

These are SO adorable!! I wish I was more of a fan of gingerbread :( But I will still love just looking at them!

14. Lynn
    Posted December 20, 2010 at 12:38 pm | Permalink

Love these!

15. notyet100
    Posted December 20, 2010 at 2:19 pm | Permalink

so cute,will be happy if u link this for the jingle event

16. BellaLovesPink
    Posted December 20, 2010 at 4:11 pm | Permalink

SO gosh-darn cute! love them!

17. Kim @ The Celebration Shoppe
    Posted December 20, 2010 at 10:29 pm | Permalink

You've outdone yourself! CUTE!

18. Hannah @ Bake Five
    Posted December 21, 2010 at 3:02 am | Permalink

very, VERY lovely.

19. polwig
    Posted December 21, 2010 at 4:36 am | Permalink

These are amazing, great job. I am sure they make amazing gifts and make your guest scream with Holiday Cheer.

20. C.R.A.F.T.
    Posted December 21, 2010 at 3:35 pm | Permalink

I'm so impressed right now! come on over and link up to MMM :)

21. Katie
    Posted December 21, 2010 at 4:31 pm | Permalink

How many houses does half the recipe make?

22. Sommer J
    Posted December 21, 2010 at 4:45 pm | Permalink

WOW!!!

Posted December 21, 2010 at 4:53 pm | Permalink

You all feed my ego daily!!! Thank you all for great comments :)
    Katie, good question. Hmmm, I only made 5 houses and I have lots of dough left I'm using for other stuff. Half a recipe made two plus of the big houses, so I'd guess (just a guess) you can get at least 10. maybe more

24. amycornwell
    Posted December 21, 2010 at 7:36 pm | Permalink

I love these! Thanks for sharing!

25. rudie2shoes
    Posted December 21, 2010 at 8:37 pm | Permalink

I am in love with these. I will have to try this out next year since I'm all gingerbread-ed out. :)

26. Katie
    Posted December 21, 2010 at 10:48 pm | Permalink

Okay thanks! I'll report back how many I get.

27. Katie
    Posted December 22, 2010 at 6:38 am | Permalink

I got 16 plus one 7 in. cookie. I probably could have gotten 20, but I wanted the other cookie for something else.

28. Sinful Southern Sweets
    Posted December 22, 2010 at 10:00 am | Permalink

Too cute!!

Posted December 22, 2010 at 3:06 pm | Permalink

Oh wow, Katie, that's even more than I thought. Good to know! Would love to see how they turn out :)

30. Erica
    Posted December 23, 2010 at 5:03 pm | Permalink

I saw these and literally squeeled and scared my puppy who was sleeping. These are too cute and I want to make them.

31. Cheryl
    Posted December 27, 2010 at 1:54 pm | Permalink

Tasty & fun! The marshamallow inside is so cleaver!! I've featured this today, so be sure to grab a featured on button. Thanks for linking to Craftastic Monday:)

32. Sasha (Global Table Adventure)
    Posted September 3, 2011 at 8:05 pm | Permalink

Oh. My. Goodness. You are brilliant :) My daughter would flip for these teeny houses. If you plan to make houses again this year, you should consider entering my Global Gingerbread contest – it's basically a fun way to promote world peace and understand of other cultures.

33. Angela
    Posted December 12, 2011 at 8:08 pm | Permalink

Hi! This is the perfect idea for Christmas Party Treats for my son's class! They are decorating gingerbread houses and since you n ever get to eat them (especially in school) I thought that it would be fun to make these… so they COULD eat them!! BUT I have to make 27… can you please tell me, about how many you think that you can get out of the gingerbread recipe (Martha Stewart's) that you posted! I would really appreciate it!

Angela

34. the decorated cookie
    Posted December 13, 2011 at 8:08 pm | Permalink

Hi Angela! Yikes, I made these so long ago, I can't remember at all how many I got out of them. But I would definitely start with the entire original recipe from Martha, which I cut in half here. But I would bet you might need to make a 2nd batch. Hope this helps!!

35. Roshini
    Posted December 8, 2012 at 3:47 pm | Permalink

So very cute!!! I am going to make these this year ;)
    Thanks & I hope you and your new arrival is doing WELL!