gingerbead house pops

I needn’t emphasize yet again how much better everything is on a stick.

how to make gingerbread houses on a stick

you will need*
gingerbread cookie recipe
royal icing
this template
dough scraper or knife

white food coloring
marshmallows
lollipop sticks
decorating bag
coupler
decorating tips (sizes “2” and “3”)
rubber band
sprinkles

*I used Martha’s recipe for gingerbread, but cut it in half and reduced the amount of pepper. Find the lollipop sticks, decorating bag, coupler, tips and sprinkles in the craft store. You may find the food coloring there, too, but I prefer Americolor soft gel pastes, Bright White. For tips on finding supplies, click HERE.

step one: bake your cookies
Prepare gingerbread dough, chill, roll out on a floured surface according to the recipe. Use the templateto cut out the sides and roof of the house. Bake according to recipe and let cool.

step two: prepare your frosting
Prepare royal icing according to recipe and brighten with white food coloring. Prepare a frosting bag with a coupler and size “3” tip, fill with icing and tie closed with a rubber band.

step three: assemble your house
Use the icing as glue to assemble the house. Let dry completely.

step four: decorate your house
Decorate however you like. I used the white icing with a size “2” tip for details and coated the roof with sprinkles.

step four: make a pop
Skewer a marshmallow on its side (the rounded side, not the flat part) and insert into the house.

Linking to:

Join us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up party!

mmm button

Comments

1. bridget {bake at 350} says

Just darling!!! I think you have cornered the market on "cute," my dear! Love your tutorial, as always!

2. Sue says

Okay Meaghan, This may be the cutest treat on a stick yet! I absolutely LOVE them!!! Ingenious! Thanks for the template , and the marshmallow is brilliant(I was wondering how it held up with the stick)! :)

3. Chic Cookies says

You all feed my ego daily!!! Thank you all for great comments :)
    Katie, good question. Hmmm, I only made 5 houses and I have lots of dough left I'm using for other stuff. Half a recipe made two plus of the big houses, so I'd guess (just a guess) you can get at least 10. maybe more

4. Cheryl says

Tasty & fun! The marshamallow inside is so cleaver!! I've featured this today, so be sure to grab a featured on button. Thanks for linking to Craftastic Monday:)

5. Sasha (Global Table Adventure) says

Oh. My. Goodness. You are brilliant :) My daughter would flip for these teeny houses. If you plan to make houses again this year, you should consider entering my Global Gingerbread contest – it's basically a fun way to promote world peace and understand of other cultures.

6. Angela says

Hi! This is the perfect idea for Christmas Party Treats for my son's class! They are decorating gingerbread houses and since you n ever get to eat them (especially in school) I thought that it would be fun to make these… so they COULD eat them!! BUT I have to make 27… can you please tell me, about how many you think that you can get out of the gingerbread recipe (Martha Stewart's) that you posted! I would really appreciate it!

Angela

7. the decorated cookie says

Hi Angela! Yikes, I made these so long ago, I can't remember at all how many I got out of them. But I would definitely start with the entire original recipe from Martha, which I cut in half here. But I would bet you might need to make a 2nd batch. Hope this helps!!

8. Roshini says

So very cute!!! I am going to make these this year 😉
    Thanks & I hope you and your new arrival is doing WELL!