bite-size Superhero cookies

Super crazy quick post today, I’m afraid, because I’m knee deep in planning lots of Sugarlicious events! It’s going to be a fun month, that February. But anyway… on to Superheroes:

Even though I pretty much always feel like I’m 13 (in that awkward middle school kind of way), I’m definitely well into grown-up territory where gift-giving becomes difficult. Everyone already has everything they need and if they don’t, they tend to buy it themselves. So each year for my brother’s birthday, I send him cookies. I think it works out well for both of us.

And it isn’t too difficult to pick a theme. Superheroes and Star Wars tend to reign supreme. I’m sure his interests are much more developed and varied, but I don’t know what heroes rule the cartoons in the year 2012 and I don’t know what modern movie rivals Star Wars (really, can anything?), though my brother surely does. So I play it safe and stick with the more long-standing passions.

I’m always a fan of bite-size cookies. Something about the cute factor? Or portion control? These shown are only about two inches. And just in case you’re not up on your Superheroes, these are supposed to be Batman, Superman, SpiderMan, Wonder Woman (for my nieces) and Captain America. I remember my brother once saying that SpiderMan was his favorite Superhero, of course, because “he’s the most realistic.” Aah, brothers.

PS. Mom, if you’re reading this, the cookies are en route, so don’t mention Superhero cookies are on my blog until they arrive on Monday!

1. Paula
    Posted January 20, 2012 at 5:16 pm | Permalink

Aww! Happy Birthday to your brother. The decorating of these cookies, being only 2" must have been painstaking but they sure turned out wonderfully.

I'm sure you and your entire family are getting so excited for the release of Sugarlicious!

2. Ashley
    Posted January 20, 2012 at 5:39 pm | Permalink

Those are too cute to eat. My house is full of super hero lovers, and they would love these!

3. Meg@MegaCrafty
    Posted January 20, 2012 at 5:52 pm | Permalink

Those are super super cool! Love em.

4. Sue @ Cakeballs, cookies and more
    Posted January 20, 2012 at 6:00 pm | Permalink

very cute!

5. Katrina {In Katrina's Kitchen}
    Posted January 20, 2012 at 6:12 pm | Permalink

Love these! I have a few boys (big and small) who would looooooove these!

6. Pink Little Cake
    Posted January 20, 2012 at 6:34 pm | Permalink

I love little cookies, I think about the portio control.My little Godson would love these cookies.

7. sugarswings
    Posted January 20, 2012 at 7:20 pm | Permalink

happy birthday to your bro! love these and so would my crew around here!!

8. MrsFoxsSweets
    Posted January 20, 2012 at 8:29 pm | Permalink

These look awesome!

9. Beth @ Hungry Happenings
    Posted January 20, 2012 at 8:55 pm | Permalink

What a sweet sister you are. I'm sure your brother loves getting his birthday cookies.

10. Glory/ Glorious Treats
    Posted January 20, 2012 at 9:51 pm | Permalink

These are super cute!! My husband would totally love these!

11. Trish - Sweetology101
    Posted January 21, 2012 at 1:35 am | Permalink

I fancy myself wonderwoman….I like her outfit. When I was like 9 or 10 I got wonderwoman undershirt and underwear for Christmas. I thought I was a badass….little did I know I was NOT.

12. the decorated cookie
    Posted January 21, 2012 at 1:39 am | Permalink

Amazing how so many houses are filled with Superheroes admirers! Trish–I always, always, always wanted wonder woman underoos when I was a kid and, sigh, I never got them. So deprived!

13. Karen @ Sugartown Sweets
    Posted January 21, 2012 at 6:24 am | Permalink

I love these! Makes me wanna try mini cookies too!

14. sydeagle
    Posted January 22, 2012 at 10:47 pm | Permalink

You are awesome. Your cookies are amazing!

15. Rgutro
    Posted January 22, 2012 at 11:00 pm | Permalink

These are Great! I'm 49 and a big superhero fan. Where I can get some? From reading about your cookies, I'm anxious to try them out. Rob

16. Gloria
    Posted January 23, 2012 at 3:42 am | Permalink

I want make these cookies please!!!! are beauty!!!

17. Gloria
    Posted January 23, 2012 at 3:43 am | Permalink

I have a friend that Im sure will love so much!!!

18. Posted January 30, 2012 at 4:51 pm | Permalink

These are fabulous. My sister would love the superman cookies

19. Evelyn Kaiser
    Posted December 28, 2012 at 1:54 pm | Permalink

So excited about your site. Love the BATMAN cookie especially for my nephew.