This is the best chocolate chip cookie cake recipe, easy to make and perfect for birthdays.
chocolate chip cookie cake
Know someone who prefers chocolate chip cookies to birthday cake? Well, bake them a chocolate chip cookie cake from scratch instead. Or, do you just want a really big chocolate chip cookie? Then bake yourself a homemade chocolate chip cookie cake. There’s always a need for this delicious, easy, huge, cookie.
Need more chocolate chip cookie ideas? Check out these teeny, tiny, mini chocolate chip cookies.
how to make a chocolate chip cookie cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9-inch springform pan.
- In a bowl, briefly whisk together 2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour, 2 teaspoons cornstarch, 1 teaspoon baking soda, and 3/4 teaspoon salt.
- In a large bowl with an electric hand mixer, or in the bowl of a standing mixer, place 1 1/2 sticks (12 tablespoons) softened butter, 1 cup of packed brown sugar, and 1/4 cup granulated sugar. Beat until fluffy.
- Add 1 egg and 1 egg yolk and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract to the sugar mixture. Blend well.
- Gradually blend in the flour mixture.
- Stir in 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips and 1/2 cup white chocolate chips (or all semi-sweet chips).
- Press the dough evenly in the prepared pan. Bake until the edges are golden, about 26 to 30 minutes.
- If desired, when cool, top with dollops of frosting and sprinkles.
how do you frost the chocolate chip cake?
I prepared my bakery style frosting (only 1/4 of the recipe, and you’ll still have leftover frosting) and tinted it white. Prepare a disposable decorating bag with a size 1M tip. Fill with the frosting and close with a rubber band. Pipe dollops of frosting and immediately top with sprinkles.
printable recipe for chocolate chip cookie cake