Easy vegetable side dish idea: Roasted broccoli and Parmesan.
Need a quick and easy side dish? Roasted broccoli and Parmesan to the rescue. Toss together the ingredients in minutes, pop in the oven, and you have a delicious, tender side that goes with anything. This stuff is like candy. I mean, not actually like candy, but it’s so good I usually end up eating about ten pieces before it even hits the tables.
You want a quick and easy recipe, so I’ll get right to it instead of blabbing away.
how to make roasted broccoli and Parmesan:
Buy a couple broccoli crowns and cut off the big hunk on the bottom. Separate the crowns and put the florets in a bowl. Drizzle 4 to 6 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil on top. (I usually go for more, because it tastes so divine that way, but it’s not necessary to add six tablespoons if you want a lighter side.) Add a good pinch of coarse sea salt, some pepper and 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese. Toss it all together. OPTIONAL: Add a squeeze of lemon and/or some red pepper flakes. Pour the whole thing out on a baking tray lined with parchment paper and roast at 425 degrees F for 20 minutes or until fork tender.
Oh my gosh so good.
- 2 crowns of broccoli, washed and trimmed into florets
- 4 to 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- pinch of coarse sea salt
- black pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- squeeze of lemon juice (optional)
- red pepper flakes (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Toss the broccoli with the additional ingredients in a large bowl. Spread on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Roast for 20 minutes or until tender.