A delicious easy dinner, spinach and goat cheese stuffed chicken.
On the next episode of really easy dinners: Spinach and goat cheese stuffed chicken.
So good and simple to make, this one would be good for those “impress the company coming over” dinners. The spinach is not cooked ahead of time, so you save a few minutes and washing a saute pan.
All you have to do is assemble the chicken and bake.
So here is what I’m a fan of when it comes to dinner, just listing words:
Chicken, kale, spinach, easy, under thirty minutes, minimal dishes, minimal ingredients, pasta, rice.
Also, I like proteins and greens and then a side of starch. I must have greens in there. Green, green, everything green, because the internet tells me I’ll live forever if I eat a lot of greens.
You’ll notice I lined my baking tray with parchment paper and then placed a wire rack on top. I do this just about every time I make chicken, especially if it’s breaded.
It’s not necessary, you can also make this chicken in a baking dish, but I like the bottoms of my chicken to not be mushy, so that’s why I do the wire rack method.
TIPS to make this easy dinner recipe
A few notes about the recipe: I serve this with wild rice (as in, a store-bought package of wild rice). I also buy thinly-sliced chicken breast from the store to save more minutes, but you can just pound out regular chicken breasts thinly, too.
And more a fan of feta? Use feta instead of goat cheese.
Want to sprinkle different herbs on there? Go ahead. I don’t even measure, by the way, I just sprinkle what I like on there.
Try serving with a squeeze of lemon.
Or try sprinkling some grated Parmesan on top with the bread crumbs.
Mix in some basil leaves with the fresh spinach.
By the way, I’m not above those microwave-for-90-seconds wild rice pouches. Nope, not at all. Makes for an under-thirty-minutes dinner right here.
Like this chicken? You should try this chicken and kale in white wine and herbs. So freaking good. I make it all the time.
- 1 pound thinly sliced chicken breasts, OR, chicken breasts pounded thinly
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 1 packed cup coarsely chopped spinach leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- coarse sea salt
- black pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons Panko bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and place a wire rack on the tray. Spray with cooking spray.
- Spread the goat cheese evenly on each chicken breast, pressing into the chicken. Spread the spinach leaves evenly on the goat cheese. Roll up the chicken breasts. Sprinkle each with the paprika, garlic powder and some salt and pepper.
- Brush melted butter over the tops of the chicken breasts. Sprinkle the bread crumbs on the chicken and press the bread crumbs with your fingers. Place on the baking tray.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or just until the chicken is no longer pink inside.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 363Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 143mgSodium: 461mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 2gSugar: 0gProtein: 52g