Throwing any BBQs or pool parties this summer? What about serving summer jello shots?
This roundup of 12 summer Jello shots brings me back to my college days. Are Jello shots still a thing? I’m pretty old now. Or are all the kids (of legal drinking age) playing ping pong with beer and whatnot? Well, for my peers who remember well the beauty of the Jello Shot, here is a collection of summer Jello shots to serve at your BBQ, pool party, or any gathering in the hot months. And this time, instead of adding cheap booze, you can dress up your Jello shots with fine liquor and flavors of summer.
how to make Jello shots
Here is a basic recipe for Jello shots to get you started.
you will need:
- 1 (3-ounce) package Jello
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup cold booze (vodka is the classic)
- 2-ounce plastic cups
what to do:
Empty jello powder into a mixing bowl and add the boiling water. Stir for two minutes or until jello is dissolved. Add the cold water and vodka. Stir and pour into 2-ounce cups filled about two-thirds of the way. Chill in the fridge for a couple hours or until well set. (TIP: For less strong Jello shots, you can use 1/2 cup cold water and 1/2 cup cold booze.)
summer Jello shots
- How about some ice cream cone Jello shots, at That’s So Michelle?
- Strawberry daiquiris in Jello form, at Tablespoon.
- Or margarita jello shots, by Bread Booze Bacon.
- Make watermelon in shot form at Kirbie Cravings.
- Try pink lemonade jello shots at A Beautiful Mess.
- These tequila sunrise shots are by E is for Eat.
- You’ll definitely need some jello for the 4th of July, by That’s So Michelle.
- Or this 4th of July jello, from Baker’s Royale.
- Fish are summery. Here are some Swedish fish shots by Erica’s Sweet Tooth.
- Make mojito jello shots at A Beautiful Mess.
- Make root beer float jello shots at Tablespoon.
- If you like pina colada… jello shots, by That’s so Michelle.