Kitchenware, tableware, some partyware… All the wares. Utensils, placemats, dishes, stuff to decorate tables for parties. That’s what this roundup is, but all DIY. You know, because you folks are so clever and crafty and have lots of free time. (Maybe not that last part.) If you had all day with nothing to do, no appointments, no cleaning, no chores, no errands, no work, nothing, zippo, zilch, would you spend the day making things? Creating? I might. I might also watch a lot of TV, admittedly. And maybe I would go outside for just a little bit, depending on the weather.
In case you get pockets of free time here and there, here are 36 how-tos for sprucing up your kitchen. Dinosaur serving trays, Scotch tins-turned-pasta storage, popsicle sticks-turned-table runners, chopping mats-turned-placemats, sprinkle cake stand, crocheted dish towel… I promise there is a lot of great stuff packed in here.
1. Everybody needs a dinosaur serving dish. How-tos at Three Little Monkeys Studio.
2. I want these storage containers, by Martha Stewart.
3. Blah to wow painted kitchen utensils at The Plumed Nest.
4. That recipe will always be on the counter: Recipe utensil holder at Calico.
5. Make a whole chalkboard table at Design Sponge.
6. Smart! Make a hanging spice organizer at Freckled Laundry.
7. Make mason jar soap dispensers at Love Grows Wild.
8. Clever. Paint your own knife block at Country Living.
9. Turn Scotch tins into pasta storage at Look What I Made!.
10. I’m a fan of simple. Painted bowls at Madigan Made.
11. Update your cabinets with stamped spoon handles at Thistlewood Farms.
13. Make some ombre flour sack dish towels at Always in Wonder.
14. Make your own oven mitts at Professor Pincushion.
15. Oooh, a gift for a writer! Make a book page rope bowl at Liz Marie.
16. Brilliant. Make a tablet holder at Mamie Jane’s.
17. Find free printables for kitchen art at Over the Big Moon.
18. Make fantastic kitchen art from plastic spoons at Papery and Cakery.
19. We all need some ruffled kitchen towels, at Craftaholics Anonymous.
20. Crochet a dishcloth at Petals to Picots.
21. So smart. Dollar store chopping mats turned placemats, at Madigan Made.
22. Sharpies make cool dinnerware, too, at The Sweetest Occasion.
23. Make lovely and inspiring polka dot pearl napkin rings at Crafts by Amanda.
24. Old CDs turned into coasters? Freakin’ awesome. How-tos at Crafts by Amanda.
25. I want to redo my whole kitchen in polka dots to match these diy fruit stands, at A Little Tipsy.
26. All you need are some flower pots to make a cupcake stand, at About Family Crafts.
27. Pom poms make everything better. Make your own cupcake stands at That Cute Little Cake.
28. I heart sprinkles. Make a sprinkle stand at 1 Fine Cookie.
29. Porcelain pens make some funky mugs, at Tuts+.
30. Make gold animal magnets at A Single Frame.
31. Make magnets from jewelry at Country Living.
32. Anthro-inspired dish towels from The Fab Miss B.
33. I’ll never tired of chalkboard stuff. Turn a glass plate into a chalkboard cake stand at The Uniqueness of Being.
34. A splatter paint popsicle stick table runner is perfect for a kids’ table, by At Home in Love.
35. Wood utensils washi taped up, by MerryThought.
36. Make a frame-turned-serving tray, at Torie Jayne.
PIN FOR LATER: