A roundup of 20 macrame projects — retro macrame crafts and DIY.
DIY macrame projects
If you said “macrame projects” to me (though I’m sure if we met, we’d have a lot of interesting things to discuss before getting to macrame), I think of that plant hanger in my aunt’s condo back in the ’70s. The one in shades of brown and orange.
Well, if pinterest and google know anything (and I think we both know they do, a LOT), macrame is making a comeback. Or has it already made the comeback and I’m just behind the times? That’s totally likely.
Here are some utterly un-’70s macrame projects for you.
more craft ideas
Find more super cool crafts at Pinterest. You might also like these craft roundups:
- 36 DIY kitchen crafts
- 30 paper flower crafts
- 25 air-dry clay crafts
- 30 no-sew crafts
- 30 beginner knitting projects
- Head to the beach and make this macrame sea glass necklace.
- Love these macrame key chains.
- Make an easy hanger for your light bulb aquarium.
- Make a hanging chair.
- Craft a pretty wall hanging.
- ohmygosh, macrame rainbows!
- Such cute neon macrame jars.
- Whip up some macrame earrings.
- Super-cool beaded macrame plant holder.
- Make a dip-dye macrame necklace.
- Macrame mason jars are so pretty.
- Makeover an aluminum chair.
- Make a hanger for a whole fish bowl.
- Such a cute mini plant holder.
- Add some color to a cushion.
- Wow. You can make this hanging chair.
- Some curtains for you.
- Some really gorgeous stone bracelets.
- Shopping? Macrame bags for you.
- Make some macrame coasters.
This post was originally published in February 2015 and updated August 2020.