A roundup of 20 macrame projects — retro macrame crafts and DIY.
DIY macrame projects
If you said “macrame projects” to me (though I’m sure if we met, we’d have a lot of interesting things to discuss before getting to macrame), I think of that plant hanger in my aunt’s condo back in the ’70s. The one in shades of brown and orange.
Well, if pinterest and google know anything (and I think we both know they do, a LOT), macrame is making a comeback. Or has it already made the comeback and I’m just behind the times? That’s totally likely.
Here are some utterly un-’70s macrame projects for you.
more craft ideas
Find more super cool crafts at Pinterest. You might also like these craft roundups:
- 36 DIY kitchen crafts
- 30 paper flower crafts
- 25 air-dry clay crafts
- 30 no-sew crafts
- 30 beginner knitting projects
- Head to the beach and make this macrame sea glass necklace.
- Love these macrame key chains.
- Make an easy hanger for your light bulb aquarium.
- Make a hanging chair.
- Craft a pretty wall hanging.
- ohmygosh, macrame rainbows!
- Such cute neon macrame jars.
- Whip up some macrame earrings.
- Super-cool beaded macrame plant holder.
- Make a dip-dye macrame necklace.
- Macrame mason jars are so pretty.
- Makeover an aluminum chair.
- Make a hanger for a whole fish bowl.
- Such a cute mini plant holder.
- Add some color to a cushion.
- Wow. You can make this hanging chair.
- Some curtains for you.
- Some really gorgeous stone bracelets.
- Shopping? Macrame bags for you.
- Make some macrame coasters.
This post was originally published in February 2015 and updated August 2020.
Thank you for including my Light Bulb tutorial in your Roundup.
My Blog has just changed domains today and the article won’t be available under the old address anymore by the end of the week.
Please exchange it to link to https://www.wemustbedreamers.com/light-bulb-aquarium/
Thanks for your help!
For all macrame project lovers! Try making these amazing macrame hammock patterns
All nice projects! But I don’t see anything updated there except the colors. I made them ALL “back in the 70’s . . . chairs, tables, lamp shades, bracelets. You’re right tough . . . the colors were awful! I still wish I still had those things tho!
I’m glad macrame has made a comeback! I’ve been looking for a hobby and picked it right back up like I never stopped knotting! 🙂