Need some bug party food ideas? I have you covered.
edible bugs roundup
Why would you need an edible bugs roundup? I don’t know. Bug party food ideas? Love of critters? Summer picnic party or BBQ?
Ever since my run-in with that centipede (millipede? jillipede?) last week, I’ve had bugs on my mind. Shudder. I am not a friend to bugs. I don’t need to hear the lectures on their benefits to the environment. I’m perfectly happy to let bugs be and do their work. Outside.
I can manage catching lightning bugs with my daughter, but only just barely. I’m not proud of this ick thing I have. I want to have more fortitude. I just don’t see that happening.
When searching for bug-themed food, google offered me some horribly un-cute images. I scratched myself in my frazzled freaked-outness of it all trying to get all the imaginary bugs off me. Injury by bug-images. So the ones I chose are cute and totally not-icky.
more fun food roundups
bug party food ideas
- You can’t go wrong with bug bark!
- Check out this Bug snack from Parents.
- Lightning bug cookies! Or do you call them fireflies?
- Use bug toys to make bug fossil cookies, by Makezine.
- Butterfly pretzels! From Fork and Beans.
- Veggie bugs to get kids to eat a healthy snack?
- These lady bug and bumble bee slice and bake cookies are a favorite.
- Make a caterpillar hotdog, from Cute Food For Kids.
- Awesome peanut butter and cracker butterflies from Hungry Happenings.
- Draw bugs on marshmallows. (Hmm, I managed those somehow.)
- Love these clever standing up ant cookies from The Bearfoot Baker.
- Cute ladybug pretzels from Bee in Our Bonnet.
- Create fondant bugs to top cupcakes or cakes.
- Adorable tomato and mozzarella caterpillars from Funky Lunch.
- Don’t forget the ladybug salad! By Eats Amazing.
This post was originally published in July 2013 and updated in July 2020.