A roundup of 30 fun food for kids ideas to keep them busy.
I write this post in the midst of the coronavirus lock-down, wherein I’m searching for literally anything to keep my kids busy. But these fun food ideas will last far beyond a virus, I hope, and will get your kids in the kitchen for a creative diversion.
fun food sites for kids
Here are a few of my favorite creative snack creators.
- Hello Yummy
- Fork and Beans
- Creative Kid Snacks
- Eats Amazing
- Jill Dubien for Canadian Family
- Little Food Junction
- Use food coloring and food pens to make a marshmallow village.
- Make a UFO sandwich.
- Turn Babybel cheese into monsters.
- Veggie bugs! By I Love Vegan.
- Rainbow fruit kabobs, from Healthy Little Foodies.
- It’s puppy pizza, from Hello Yummy.
- Or a rainbow fruit fish. Maybe edible cars?
- Guacamole crocodile! Or Guacadile. Crocomole? By Fork and Beans.
- Turn crackers into animals.
- There’s an octopus in my dip! By Eats Amazing.
- Or worms in the apples.
- Start the day with a stack of flower pancakes.
- Jello fish bowls from Mighty Mrs. are awesome!
- Ice cream pandas from Hungry Happenings are adorable.
- Learn about space with this solar system snack, at Creative Kid Snacks.
- How about a Lego lunch?
- Craft a candy pretzel necklace, at Handmade Charlotte.
- Ha! Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head cookies, by Simple Everyday Mom.
- One of my favorite stories, Alice in Wonderland lunch by Little Food Junction.
- Loving this sun snack, Hungry Caterpillar, and birdie lunch at Canadian Family.
- Try some celery stoplights, by Super Healthy Kids.
- Curious George chocolate bark! From Lil’ Luna.
- Girls rule! Powerpuff Girls lunch by Living Locurto.
- Funny face mason jar floats are hilarious, by Hoopla Palooza.
- Kitty cat bagels for breakfast? By The Inspiration Edit.
- Supercute porcupine cupcakes, from Crazy Little Projects.
- Dream of summer with pool party cookies.