A roundup of 30 easy knitting projects beyond blankets and scarves — knitting for beginners ideas
knitting for beginners
So I actually really do like to knit. Only, I’m terrible at it. I can only do squares (and rectangles, I can do those). I’ve been knitting rainbow scarves (only, that whole switching colors thing has left some evidence) and I even knitted a hat. But I don’t know how to knit circles and googling and youtubing didn’t help me much with the whole knitting for beginners thing, so my too-big hat is a rectangle I just sewed up the back. This is my effort to move beyond the comfort zone and actually knit something useful. Here is a collection of easy-to-knit projects I want to try. I’m in the knitting for beginners category, so these easy knitting projects are those I’ll try first.
more crafts ideas
Want more crafty ideas?
- Check out my pinterest board of SUPER COOL CRAFTS.
- You might also love this roundup of crafts for grown-ups
- or this roundup of crazy cat lady crafts. (Not that I’m suggesting knitters are crazy cat ladies.)
UPDATE: I found some more awesome easy knitting projects for you! Now we’re up to 30 knitting for beginners ideas.
- I think I can handle this knit headband.
- It’s the time of year for knit boot cuffs.
- Loving this knit bag!
- Check out this adorable knit fox.
- Make a knitted belt.
- Wonder if I could handle these knit lamp shades?
- I can’t knit fingers, but maybe these fingerless gloves.
- I am so making a knitted stool cover.
- If I actually handed them out, I’d make a knit business card case.
- Here are a collection of knit dishcloth how-tos.
- I’m not sure I’m this ambitious in cleaning, but you can knit a Swiffer pad.
- I can knit a coaster.
- Knit a heart ornament.
- Another one on my to-do list: Make knit bracelets.
- Knit yourself a necklace.
- I want to make a whole bunch of knit pillows.
- OOoh, I can make a bunny from a square.
- I really need to knit a shawl.
- So my phone doesn’t get chilly, a knit phone cover.
- Love this! Make knit wall art.
BONUS! I’m updating with even more easy knitting projects:
- Make an awesome plush knitted purse.
- Make a jar cozy.
- I really want to try these adorable animal flower pot covers.
- Hide something in this little knitted pouch.
- Hang some plants with this knitted terrarium hanger.
- Love this ampersand wall decoration.
- I think I need a knitted pouf.
- Dress up your doorway with this knitted door curtain.
- Great idea: Make a dish towel topper.
- Make a finger-knitted infinity scarf.
Not ready to knit? PIN FOR LATER: