A roundup of 20 easy knitting projects beyond blankets and scarves — knitting for beginners ideas
knitting for beginners
So I actually really do like to knit. Only, I’m terrible at it. I can only do squares (and rectangles, I can do those). I’ve been knitting rainbow scarves (only, that whole switching colors thing has left some evidence) and I even knitted a hat. But I don’t know how to knit circles and googling and youtubing didn’t help me much with the whole knitting for beginners thing, so my too-big hat is a rectangle I just sewed up the back. This is my effort to move beyond the comfort zone and actually knit something useful. Here is a collection of easy-to-knit projects I want to try. I’m in the knitting for beginners category, so these easy knitting projects are those I’ll try first.
more crafts ideas
Want more crafty ideas? Check out my pinterest board of SUPER COOL CRAFTS. You might also love this roundup of crafts for grown-ups or this roundup of crazy cat lady crafts. (Not that I’m suggesting knitters are crazy cat ladies.)
UPDATE: I found some more awesome easy knitting projects for you! Now we’re up to 30 knitting for beginners ideas.
- I think I can handle this knit headband.
- It’s the time of year for knit boot cuffs.
- Loving this knit bag!
- Check out this adorable knit fox.
- Make a knitted belt.
- Wonder if I could handle these knit lamp shades?
- I can’t knit fingers, but maybe these fingerless gloves.
- I am so making a knitted stool cover.
- If I actually handed them out, I’d make a knit business card case.
- Here are a collection of knit dishcloth how-tos.
- I’m not sure I’m this ambitious in cleaning, but you can knit a Swiffer pad.
- I can knit a coaster.
- Knit a heart ornament.
- Another one on my to-do list: Make knit bracelets.
- Knit yourself a necklace.
- I want to make a whole bunch of knit pillows.
- OOoh, I can make a bunny from a square.
- I really need to knit a shawl.
- So my phone doesn’t get chilly, a knit phone cover.
- Love this! Make knit wall art.
BONUS! I’m updating with even more easy knitting projects:
- Make an awesome plush knitted purse.
- Make a jar cozy.
- I really want to try these adorable animal flower pot covers.
- Hide something in this little knitted pouch.
- Hang some plants with this knitted terrarium hanger.
- Love this ampersand wall decoration.
- I think I need a knitted pouf.
- Dress up your doorway with this knitted door curtain.
- Great idea: Make a dish towel topper.
- Make a finger-knitted infinity scarf.
Not ready to knit? PIN FOR LATER: