Looking for new, fun knitting patterns and ideas? Here is a roundup of 30 needle-free finger and arm knitting projects.
finger and arm knitting
As I mentioned in my other popular knitting for beginners roundup, I do not knit. At all. I’m terrible at it. So I’m always looking for easier ideas.
I’m going to ditch the needles and instead try finger knitting and arm knitting (which, by the way, just sound really weird to say).
Dear knitters, which do you prefer? The traditional needle-required knitting? Or this use-your-body-as-needles knitting?
more craft roundups
- This finger knitted blanket from It’s Always Autumn actually does look easy to make.
- Find a great tutorial on finger knitting at A Subtle Revelry, as well as how-tos for this giant letter project, jump rope, and more.
- Make gorgeous finger knit necklaces at Infarrantly Creative.
- Try a finger knit cowl, from Whistle and Ivy.
- Make a hat! From Red Ted Art. Speaking of Red Ted Art, here is a fabulous finger knitting tutorial.
- More for kids, I suppose, but I love these bright finger knit friendship necklaces from The Craft Train.
- Finger knit a bath mat, at A Beautiful Mess.
- Flax and Twine has finger knit pillow instructions.
- Or, make trivets. Or wreaths. (Or just buy the “Knitting Without Needles” book!!)
- I love the idea of finger knit garland from Lovely Indeed, for any holiday.
- You can even finger knit a floor pouf!
- Finger knit an infinity scarf at Hello Glow.
- Adorable finger knit octopus from Hello, Wonderful.
- Or try these flower crowns.
- An arm knitted pouf cover, from DIY in PDX.
- Of course, you have to make an arm knit blanket, from Mama in a Stitch.
- Arm knit a pillow, at Woman’s Day.
- Loving this arm knitted wreath from Happy Happy Nester.
- Make a market bag, at Yarnspirations.
- Arm knit a vase, at Flax and Twine.
- Or, oh my goodness, this floor pillow!
- And this bunny floor pillow!
- Make an infinity scarf, at Happy Hour Projects.
- Find the pattern for this arm knit wrap at Fiber Flux.
- Arm knit a basket. Or check out this rug from Simply Maggie.
- I also love this arm knitted bag.
- You can also find lots of knitted animal blankets.