marshmallow ghosts. and a mummy.

These are just about the easiest Halloween treat to create. (Very kid-friendly, but watch out for the sharp skewers with younger kids. You can also skewer the marshmallow to create a hole, then replace the skewer with a lollipop stick.)

All you need:

marshmallows
black gourmet writer
skewers and/or lollipop sticks

What to do:
Skewer the marshmallows and draw your faces. That’s it!

TIP: So the writers don’t get sucked into the marshmallow surface, let the marshmallows sit out at room temperature for a few hours to stiffen a bit on the outside.

And the mummy:

1. bridget {bake at 350}
    Posted September 20, 2009 at 12:45 am | Permalink

Love, love, love the mummy! ;)

2. Sue Sparks
    Posted September 20, 2009 at 12:47 am | Permalink

So simple…I love it!!!

3. oneordinaryday
    Posted September 20, 2009 at 10:09 am | Permalink

I've really gotta get one of those edible pens. Cute idea.

4. apparentlyjessy
    Posted September 20, 2009 at 12:10 pm | Permalink

You never cease to amaze me with your creativity! I love this SO simple yet SO effective idea!

5. cookies and cups
    Posted September 20, 2009 at 1:07 pm | Permalink

These are very cute!

6. J+S
    Posted September 20, 2009 at 5:06 pm | Permalink

You are so amazing! I love the mummy, and I have to copy this idea for a family party this weekend. May I repost?

~Jenifer

Posted September 20, 2009 at 8:51 pm | Permalink

thanks all! (yes, feel free to post, thanks for the shout out!)

8. James ~n~ Amber
    Posted September 21, 2009 at 2:18 am | Permalink

Love, love it !!

9. Kami
    Posted September 21, 2009 at 6:33 pm | Permalink

So fun! I am definitely going to make these for my kids lunch boxes. Would you mind if I posted them on my blog and referenced back to you??

Posted September 21, 2009 at 10:12 pm | Permalink

thanks Kami, feel free to post!

11. Tanya
    Posted September 22, 2009 at 5:33 am | Permalink

So cute and simple!

12. Rachel@oneprettything.com
    Posted September 25, 2009 at 6:03 pm | Permalink

Oh how fun! I love this idea. I'll be linking, thanks so much for the fun idea!

13. Fahrenheit 350°
    Posted October 12, 2009 at 9:32 pm | Permalink

Okay, these are too cute… but I also love hardened marshmallows so I'm sold!

14. Sheila
    Posted October 26, 2009 at 3:17 am | Permalink

Very cute! Where do you find a "gourmet writer?" Thanks!

15. Ms. Twixt
    Posted October 30, 2009 at 4:36 am | Permalink

We linked to you at: http://shoptwixt.blogspot.com/ I couldn't use the Add a Link function without publishing twice, but I'm trying to work this out. Great idea!

16. Paula
    Posted October 19, 2011 at 10:03 pm | Permalink

me gustaron cuando los vi, por eso también los he hecho ;)

Salu2, Paula

17. Rachel
    Posted November 3, 2012 at 6:03 am | Permalink

Thanks for the cute ideas for ghost facial expressions. I decorated a lot for our Halloween party. I didn’t put them on sticks, just on a platter and they looked like an army of ghosts. They were great. Thanks.