attack of the zombie marshmallows!!!

First we had ghosts. Then we had skeletons. And now….

Just like their predecessors, these are super-easy to make.

how to make zombie marshmallow pops

you will need:*

marshmallows
lollipop sticks
large confetti sprinkles
black and red food coloring pens
light corn syrup

toothpick

*Find the sprinkles and lollipop sticks in the craft store. You can probably find food coloring pens there, too, but I prefer Americolor Gourmet Writers.

what to do:
Lay a marshmallow on its side. Put a dab of corn syrup on the back of a confetti sprinkle with the toothpick and stick on the marshmallows where you want eyes (note some of my zombies only have one eye). Use the markers to draw dots, “x”s, mouths, eyes, blood, whatever you want. Insert a lollipop stick (if you want, see below without stick). You may need to let the corn syrup dry for a couple hours to get the sprinkles to adhere securely.

Linking to: Craft-O-Maniac Link Party!(My first “link party,” I hope I’m doing it right!)

1. Pink Martini
    Posted October 24, 2010 at 8:38 pm | Permalink

So cute and funny. Couldn't help but laugh when I saw these. A perfect treat for those special ghouls and boys! :)

2. Meghan @ Domestic Sugar
    Posted October 24, 2010 at 8:57 pm | Permalink

That's what this Halloween is missing, Zombies! Cute work as usual!

3. Paula
    Posted October 24, 2010 at 9:56 pm | Permalink

I know zombies are supposed to be scary and ugly and all, but these are the cutest zombies ever! Kids will certainly get a big kick out of them :)

4. Nichole@BarillaFab4.blogspot.com
    Posted October 24, 2010 at 11:44 pm | Permalink

OH man…SOOOOOO fun!!!! I can see these being very popular @ my daughter's school party!

5. Meg
    Posted October 25, 2010 at 1:13 am | Permalink

So great! I their faces.

6. notyet100
    Posted October 25, 2010 at 1:34 am | Permalink

so cute,,

7. Ravenous Rowie
    Posted October 25, 2010 at 3:05 am | Permalink

love love love these! SUPER cute!

8. fergusandme
    Posted October 25, 2010 at 3:17 am | Permalink

thank you, thank you! i'm having a halloween party for my five year old and his friends, and i randomly bought the world's most gigantic marshmallows the other day, with no actual plan for them. but now i have one!! zombie marshmallows ! hooray! thx again, lynn-anne

9. Etta
    Posted October 25, 2010 at 10:04 am | Permalink

beautiful idea!!
    Thank you!
    Etta

10. Jenny
    Posted October 25, 2010 at 12:48 pm | Permalink

haha, these are so cute!

11. Jenglamgirl
    Posted October 25, 2010 at 2:32 pm | Permalink

adorable and cooky and so fun! love it! Jen

12. Brittany@Meyamo
    Posted October 25, 2010 at 3:21 pm | Permalink

These are so cute and simple-I think they would be a great, easy thing to bring to a Halloween party. Great project!

13. Amanda
    Posted October 25, 2010 at 10:23 pm | Permalink

I LOVE these Meaghan! You are a ceative genius! :-D

14. The Urban Baker
    Posted October 26, 2010 at 3:47 am | Permalink

so totally and completely cute!!!!

15. RoseMillsOhio
    Posted October 26, 2010 at 3:19 pm | Permalink

Wow–you've done it again. What endearing zombies! I want to protect them from the ugly living dead.

16. Mickey
    Posted October 26, 2010 at 7:29 pm | Permalink

Just wanted you to know how much these tickled me! I really am glad I stumbled upon your blog. I made your Zombie Marshmallows today. My kids thank you :)
    mickey

17. Letizia Golosa
    Posted October 27, 2010 at 3:15 am | Permalink

These are so fun!!!!! Love them!!!!!!

18. ceecee
    Posted October 27, 2010 at 6:30 pm | Permalink

These are fantastic and I am making them for my preschooler's Halloween Party this weekend!!!

Thanks!
    Ceecee

Posted October 27, 2010 at 7:32 pm | Permalink

Thank you! Yes, I chuckled at the puns. And would love to see the results if anyone makes 'em!

20. naomi
    Posted October 27, 2010 at 9:13 pm | Permalink

I love these zombies! They are awesome. Love the art style on them!

21. ALison @ Ingredients, Inc.
    Posted October 28, 2010 at 1:59 am | Permalink

LOVE THESE!

22. SprinkleBakes
    Posted October 28, 2010 at 6:25 pm | Permalink

This is hilarious! My husband is a zombie freak. He has watched every zombie movie ever MADE and he just sent me this link!! He loves these! (Me too!)

23. Susan: My Food Obsession
    Posted October 30, 2010 at 10:20 am | Permalink

OMG! I love these SCARY Marshmallows!

24. Ladybug
    Posted October 23, 2011 at 4:10 am | Permalink

I did these with the kids I was babysitting tonight, they LOVED them, thanks for the great idea! :)

25. the decorated cookie
    Posted October 23, 2011 at 12:41 pm | Permalink

so glad they worked out! fun n' easy!

26. cathy@home
    Posted October 24, 2011 at 10:19 am | Permalink

Hello what a great blog I have just found this magical place where it is allright to play with your food

27. Posted September 20, 2012 at 12:02 am | Permalink

I absolutely love these!!!

28. Mistie
    Posted October 4, 2012 at 1:00 am | Permalink

Love these! I think I must make some this Halloween!

29. Posted October 25, 2013 at 9:52 pm | Permalink

That’s what this Halloween is missing, Zombies! Cute work, as usual!

30. sally
    Posted October 30, 2013 at 11:33 pm | Permalink

I saw your pumpkin cake pops here …
    I wonder if they asked for permission for the photo?

31. sally
    Posted October 30, 2013 at 11:36 pm | Permalink

I actually meant marshmallow

Posted October 31, 2013 at 6:48 am | Permalink

Sally, good eye! I rely on my awesome readers to notice such things. Nope, they didn’t. These facebook pages are getting so many likes and readers and growing at a rapid pace, it’s hard to keep up with them, but most don’t ask permission or worse, LINK to sources! And when confronted, they are mean, horrible, and ask their readers to rally against the blogger who dares ask for a link. I’m leaving a comment right now. Thank you Sally!!

33. sally
    Posted October 31, 2013 at 7:46 am | Permalink

good on you Meaghan
    you think a large Australian firm would know better when it comes to property rights.

Keep up your great work!

34. sally
    Posted October 31, 2013 at 9:52 pm | Permalink

looks like your going to be ignored.
    you should send your followers over there to demand recognition.
    Simply not good enough :/

Posted November 1, 2013 at 7:53 am | Permalink

Yep… I hear you, Sally. Sometimes I get so upset by this kind of thing I have to turn off my computer and go look at my baby :). Though ignoring is even better than the responses I usually get, about how awful and mean I am for wanting a link to my site. Crazy, right??? But it is heartening to know there are those with ethics out there (like you and others who care about this kind of thing).

36. Posted October 1, 2014 at 5:24 am | Permalink

I LOVE zombies and of course love these! I made a non edible version using air dry clay to swap with other Girl Scout leaders for Halloween. I’m sure they will be a big hit and if not, at least I love them!

Posted October 1, 2014 at 3:39 pm | Permalink

Love it Zigg! I’m going to bookmark your site, too, because my daughter just bridged to Brownies. :)

38. Andie Paulie
    Posted October 24, 2014 at 11:15 pm | Permalink

Made these one year, time consuming but so worth it. The party these were made for, EVERYONE raved at how cute and awesome these guys were. First thing gone!

Posted October 26, 2014 at 10:04 am | Permalink

Yay! That’s fantastic to hear Andie!!