easy Peeps cupcakes

This post will be short and sweet because these cupcakes are insanely easy to decorate. If “decorate” is even the word. I spotted edible Easter grass at Target and immediately thought of these, so I reached over 3 feet and got some Peeps bunnies, too. The edible grass tastes sorta funny, so I used it sparingly.

Here’s what I did:
Made cupcakes from store-bought mix.
Made buttercream frosting (or, use store-bought) and tinted it lime green with my Americolor Electric Green soft gel paste.
Filled an empty decorating bag with the frosting, snipped the tip with scissors and piped to frost the cupcakes (or, just spread the frosting on with a spatula).
Cut pieces of edible grass and gently pressed onto the frosting.
Inserted a toothpick into the underside of a bunny and inserted into the cupcake.

Comments

1. LilaLoa says

I love that all your spring ideas are so bright! Nice call on the toothpick inserted into the bunny. I probably would have tried to make it stand on its own and been frustrated and then I would have had to eat all the cupcakes to make myself feel better.

2. Chic Cookies says

Thanks! Too funny LilaLoa. My 3-year old didn't want the grass, so after surgery to remove it, and removing the toothpick (safety first), I restuck the bunny on just fine. Hardy little guys.

3. CraftCrave says

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the Cooking category today [01 Apr 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

4. Callye says

Supe cute and super simple. What do you mean by funny tasting…I want to know, LOL…I love your photos, BTW, GORGEOUS!

5. Trish - Sweetology101 says

I have the same grass from Target…(is that even legal to say??) Thanks for this idea. I call this "Fast but Fancy". I dedicate my life to the pursuit of fast and fancy confectionary concoctions (hence stalking this blog). Can't wait to do this with my culinary assistant (aka Sophia, age 7)

6. Cakewhiz says

Your cupcakes look very cute! I can't wait to get my hands on that edible grass….i am sure we can make so many edible crafts with them!