Washi tape. The best invention ever. Also, some North Pole cupcakes.

As one who appreciates the finer things in decorating sweets, that is, lollipop sticks, it was inevitable that I would discover Washi Tape. How, oh how, did it take me so long? Here I’ve been painting stripes on my lollipop sticks with food coloring like a fool. This is neater, quicker, easier, and all around better. I don’t know that I’ll ever leave a lollipop stick bare again.

There are plenty o’ resources out there, so it’s not like I couldn’t find it easily, either. If you google “Washi Tape,” you can see what I mean. I got mine from the etsy shop, Pretty Tape.

To make these cupcakes, I just wrote “North Pole” on a cupcake with an edible writer. Skewer with a lollipop stick all the way through the marshmallow, then top with half a jelly bean. Wrap pieces of Washi tape around the lollipop stick. Insert into a cupcake. My cupcake is topped with fondant, brushed with corn syrup, then coated in sprinkles.

1. Katrina {In Katrina's Kitchen}
    Posted December 12, 2011 at 12:44 pm | Permalink

Cuteness. Easy. Kid-friendly. I love you!

2. sue @ cakeballs, cookies and more
    Posted December 12, 2011 at 12:55 pm | Permalink

Super cute, I keep seeing this tape, may have to try some.

3. Naomi Davis
    Posted December 12, 2011 at 1:02 pm | Permalink

Adorableness overload. Especially love the half a jelly bean on top.

4. sugarswings
    Posted December 12, 2011 at 2:13 pm | Permalink

love the cupcakes! and i've never even heard of that tape–although that doesn't surprise me! must get some, thanks for the tip!

5. fresaypimienta
    Posted December 12, 2011 at 2:50 pm | Permalink

Espectacular!

6. Jill @ KitchenFunWithMy3Sons.com
    Posted December 12, 2011 at 5:48 pm | Permalink

Love these…so cute! I was planning on taking North Pole cupcakes to my 5 year olds class next week and was just going to use the white chocolate fruit roll up rods that we made before. However…this will be so much easier! YAY….I love easy!

7. Tina
    Posted December 12, 2011 at 6:51 pm | Permalink

Thanks for the tip on the tape, anything that works and cuts time I am all for.
    Very creative cupcakes, just awesome for the season. Well done!

8. taste tester
    Posted December 12, 2011 at 10:44 pm | Permalink

I love washi tape! And what a great idea to use it!

9. Paula
    Posted December 12, 2011 at 10:55 pm | Permalink

You do find the neatest things and you do make the cutest things.

10. cookies and cups
    Posted December 12, 2011 at 11:54 pm | Permalink

I have never heard of washi tape! I think I need some!

11. Nic@diningwithastud
    Posted December 13, 2011 at 3:35 am | Permalink

These are too cute. I like that you didnt use too much fondant.

12. Sara
    Posted December 13, 2011 at 5:13 am | Permalink

These are so cute! LOVE! :)

Posted December 13, 2011 at 9:31 am | Permalink

Very cute cupcake! I'll have to check out that tape:)

14. The Partiologist
    Posted December 13, 2011 at 1:31 pm | Permalink

I love these cupcakes and I LOVE washi tape too!

15. FoodEpix
    Posted December 14, 2011 at 4:39 am | Permalink

Looks delicious. Would love for you to share your pictures with us over at foodepix.com.

16. Kara
    Posted December 14, 2011 at 2:19 pm | Permalink

Love this! So easy and fun!! Kids will love this treat!

17. Lisa Mackie
    Posted December 5, 2012 at 8:35 pm | Permalink

I love these!! I LOVE washi tape also! Have just discovered it!! Amazing stuff! I am decorating mini clothespins and attaching tags to my handmade gift bags!!