How to paint on cookies in Fall colors (or painted fall cookies) and a roundup of 18 edible leaves.
painted fall cookies
For today’s post, I’m sending you away first. Follow me over to Hungry Happenings, where I guest post with a tutorial on how to make painted fall cookies. Beth of Hungry Happenings has one of those creative-food-blogger minds that awes me. I’ve been a longtime fan of her work and a longtime blogging friend, too, so I’m honored to visit her in her internet home.
edible leaves: fun food for Fall
Need more leaf in your life beyond painted fall cookies? Some more shades of auburn, burnt sienna, and mustard? You can eat leaves all day if you want. (Hmmm, now I’m thinking of all the ways we eat actual leaves, both for health and for fun. I actually mean food-that-looks-like-leaves. I promise.)
Leaf-themed fun food ideas for fall
Here are 18 clever ideas for eating your daily dose of leaves this fall, from breakfast to dessert:
- Mist beautiful color on leaf cookies at The Adventures of Sweet Sugarbelle.
- Make a healthy leaf snack with peppers at Canadian Family.
- Make fall leaves tree cookies.
- Try fall leaf lollipops, from Eighteen 25.
- Use a cookie rake on those leaf sprinkles at Munchkin Munchies.
- Make potato leaves at She Knows.
- Start your morning with some Fall leaves pancakes at i am baker.
- Make Fall cupcakes topped with cake leaves at 1 Fine Cookie. Cake on cake
- Stamp leaves on a 3D cookie tree at Haniela’s.
- Fall leaves baked inside a cupcake at Blessings from My Kitchen.
- The most beautiful pie of the year, a fall tree apple pie at Family Feedbag.
- Hungry Happenings has every meal covered. Make cheesy crescent roll leaves or veggie pizza leaves or cheesecake leaves.
- Yum. Make butterscotch leaf piles at In Katrina’s Kitchen.
- Make a gorgeous fall leaves cake at Bird on a Cake.
- A leaf lunch. Make a fall leaf bento at Creative Food.
- These chocolate leaves from Domestically Blissful are gorgeous.