way too easy Oreo Cakester bat and spider pops

Did I mention these were easy? I mean, really, really easy. So easy I felt a little guilty. I used the same chocolate piping method from these spider pops to make chocolate bat wings and spider legs and just stuck the wings and legs into the sides of Oreo Cakesters. Add a stick, and that’s it.

I made a spider, too. Even easier.

And there are those candy eyes again. I promise, come Halloween, I’ll put them away. (Of course, Santa and Rudolph have eyes…)

how to make Oreo Cakester
bat and spider pops

you will need:*

Oreo Cakesters
lollipop sticks (optional)
chocolate chips
disposable decorating bag
scissors
wax paper
baking tray
candy eyes

*Find the lollipop sticks, decorating bag and candy eyes in the craft store.

step one: make your bat wings and spider legs
Line a baking tray with wax paper. Place chocolate chips (work with about 1/2 cup at a time) in a decorating bag and melt the chocolate in the microwave: Microwave at 70 percent power for 1 minute, then at 30 second intervals, massaging the chocolate chips periodically, until the chips are almost completely melted. Massage the chips in the bag until totally melted. (Yes, I copied my own instructions from the spider pops, and even used the same drawing.)

Line a baking tray with wax paper, snip 1/4 inch from the tip of the decorating bag, twist the bag above the melted chocolate, and pipe bat wings (about two inches across) and a bunch of lines for spider legs.

If it helps, draw bat wing shapes first with a black marker on a piece of paper, and slip the drawing under the wax paper to use as a template. Put the tray in the refrigerator.

step two: adhere the candy eyes
Use two tiny dabs of melted chocolate to adhere the candy eyes. You can also use light corn syrup, frosting, or anything sticky, even a dab of the Oreo Cakester frosting.

step three: assemble your bats and spiders
When the chocolate has set, at least a couple hours, stick the wings or legs in the sides of the Cakester, in the frosting, and insert a lollipop stick at the bottom.

1. Trish - Sweetology101
    Posted October 20, 2011 at 3:34 pm | Permalink

Spooky in a yummy in my tummy kinda way! Another fun thing to do w/ Sophia this weekend b/c ya know I have CAKESTERS always on hand.

2. Katrina {In Katrina's Kitchen}
    Posted October 20, 2011 at 3:59 pm | Permalink

You and I? We are on the same page…you'll see what I mean next week ;) And how adorbs are these!

3. the decorated cookie
    Posted October 20, 2011 at 4:02 pm | Permalink

I bought nothing new for these. I naturally had chocolate chips and plenty of Cakesters on hand, too. Always on hand. Oooh, I'll be checking yours next week Katrina.

4. Loren @ The Baking Sheet
    Posted October 20, 2011 at 5:00 pm | Permalink

Hmmm only have Twinkies in my pantry. Such a dilemma. Off to the store for Cakesters!! :o)

5. Kim - The TomKat Studio
    Posted October 20, 2011 at 5:38 pm | Permalink

Adorable, Meaghan!

6. manzanasrojasr
    Posted October 20, 2011 at 5:52 pm | Permalink

Good idea and very funny!

7. Craft
    Posted October 20, 2011 at 10:31 pm | Permalink

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the Cooking category today [20 Oct 09:00pm GMT]. Thanks, Maria

8. the decorated cookie
    Posted October 20, 2011 at 11:15 pm | Permalink

twinkie mummies maybe? yeah, that probably wouldn't work.

9. Winnie
    Posted October 20, 2011 at 11:15 pm | Permalink

Spooky but really adorable!
    You are very creative :)

10. Pink Little Cake
    Posted October 20, 2011 at 11:42 pm | Permalink

What a great idea, I am sure they will be so much fun for a halloween kid's party. Thinking about my little one's party at school.

11. Jill @ KitchenFunWithMy3Sons.com
    Posted October 20, 2011 at 11:49 pm | Permalink

Love these! My older son is having a spider man bday party this weekend and I had just purchased a different kind of cookie to make spiders just like this last week. Very cute…love the bats!!

12. LilaLoa
    Posted October 21, 2011 at 1:49 am | Permalink

These are so cute! And I love how the cracks in the Cakesters totally give them personality!

13. the decorated cookie
    Posted October 21, 2011 at 2:03 am | Permalink

You're all too sweet to me! I thought the same thing about the cracks! At first I was going to change them out or turn them around, and then decided to leave them for that reason!

14. Anna
    Posted October 21, 2011 at 5:16 am | Permalink

Why haven't I thought of doing that before? You are so creative! I have colorful lollipop sticks at home that I can use for these…I'm sure the kids will be delighted. Thanks for posting!

Posted October 21, 2011 at 2:50 pm | Permalink

SO CUTE! The fact that they are simple makes me love them even more! It's a plus that the "cracks" in the cakesters look like mouths/smiles:)

16. Kristen @ The Endless Meal
    Posted October 21, 2011 at 6:35 pm | Permalink

These are so great! I've been looking for a Halloween themed treat to bring to a Halloween party I have next week. These have moved to the top of my 'must make list'!

17. Possible Baker
    Posted October 21, 2011 at 7:03 pm | Permalink

So cute! I love how the cakesters give them a 'mouth' naturally! Definetly a sugarlicious treat!!

18. the decorated cookie
    Posted October 21, 2011 at 8:03 pm | Permalink

Bonus points for pulling in my book, Possible Baker!! :)

19. SweetSugarBelle
    Posted October 22, 2011 at 3:52 am | Permalink

EASY is good! Love this Megs…and I am a little ashamed tpo admit this…I love Cakesters too. Cannot even buy them. If I was skinny it would be cute, but when you get a little "fluffier" admitting you inhale cakesters…well, just a bad mental, LOL!

20. Marian (Sweetopia)
    Posted October 25, 2011 at 2:29 am | Permalink

Oh my these are completely adorable Meaghan! Not only do they look like so much fun to make, they're giving me a serious sweet craving right now. Nom nom!

21. Paula
    Posted October 25, 2011 at 4:04 am | Permalink

These may be way too easy but so too are they way too cute.

22. Posted September 30, 2012 at 12:47 am | Permalink

So adorable! I am going to link to these in my upcoming Halloween Recipes Blog.

Posted September 30, 2012 at 6:18 pm | Permalink

Thank you Cathy!!

24. Traci
    Posted October 8, 2012 at 2:51 pm | Permalink

Has anyone ever tried makiing these with oreos instead of cakesters? Oreos pass with food allergies but, cakesters don’t. I really want to make them because they are so stinking cute!!! Just hope there is enough stuffing with regular oreos.

Posted October 8, 2012 at 4:16 pm | Permalink

Traci, the only snag would be getting the stick and the legs or wings into the centers between the crunchier cookies. I’d try with double stuff!

26. Angie O
    Posted October 27, 2012 at 1:58 pm | Permalink

Any tips on getting the spider legs into the cakesters before they melt from the heat of your fingers? I’m having a lot of trouble assembling these guys!

Posted October 28, 2012 at 9:09 am | Permalink

Yikes, sorry Angie! I must have cold fingers since mine didn’t melt!! I’d keep them in the fridge and work with just a few at a time, then pop them back in the fridge to reset?

28. Posted March 4, 2013 at 6:46 pm | Permalink

OMG!! These look so cute! I have to give them a try next Halloween…the kids are going to love making these. Thanks for sharing.