almost midnight clock cookie bites for New Year’s Eve

A super speedy quick post this morning, folks, as I’m racing against the kid-wake-up-clock. I’m not usually one who puts much stock in New Year’s, but tonight we’re celebrating in perfect style… walking across the street to our neighbor’s house for a yummy Danish New Year’s feast wherein the parents will all sit and drink wine and eat while we totally ignore the crazy kids running around totally ignoring us.

I’m bringing these mini (ie. perfect for already sugar-dosed kids) cookie bites, a smaller, quicker variation of my almost midnight clock cookie pops from way back when.

To make these, I just cut out 1 1/4-inch circles from my cookie dough, tint royal icing with fun colors and thinned to an almost-flooding consistency (so I only used one decorating bag to outline and fill), let dry very well (this takes several hours, if you’re going to make these for tonight, start NOW!! and do this all first, then go out and find the pens), and use a black FooDoodler pen to draw the clock faces.

Anybody doing anything exciting tonight??
Hope you all have a Happy New Year! And deal with the resolutions tomorrow…

Comments

1. Karen @ Sugartown Sweets says

Love these sweet little cookies! We're celebrating Christmas with our "out of state" family :) Happy New Year!

2. Martiel Beatty says

These are absolutely the cutest cookies I've ever seen! What a unique idea and great for kids and adults alike. love, love, love'm! Have a great time at your party & Happy New Year! Martiel @ sewmantra.blogspot.com

3. Trish - Sweetology101 says

HAPPY NEW YEAR!! These little poppers are fun and cute! I think doing these clocks to teach time would be fun and if you get the right time on the clock you get to EAT the cookie! Hope your 2012 is filled with many more good things. I am so excited for Sugarlicious!

4. Summerset says

The hands are reversed. The minute hand is the long one, so you have it looking like eleven o'clock instead of 11:58.

5. Paula says

Perfect little cookie for New Year's Eve. Small enough to pop in your mouth at midnight and still be able to kiss someone Happy New Year :)

6. the decorated cookie says

Oh geez, didn't even notice that, Summerset! I made these in about 2 seconds New Year's morning, and I THOUGHT something looked odd! (everybody else, just pretend I actually know how to tell time) :)