A roundup of 30 seashell crafts to make this summer from your beach finds, for both kids AND adults!
Ah, summer. If you have a chance to go to the beach, you just might share my six year old’s problem: She can’t stop collecting shells. To be fair, neither can I. So now, what to do with your ridiculously huge seashell collection? Crafts! Below find shell beach crafts for both kids and adults.
Before we begin, these seashell crafts basics may be useful.
How do you clean sea shells?
how do you drill a hole in seashells?
seashell crafts for adults
Let’s start with grown-ups who collect too many shells. Here are 15 seashell crafts for adults.
- Summer goes with wine, right? Sea shell wine charms.
- This seashell flower necklace from Debi’s Design Diary is gorgeous!!
- Craft “mermaid spoons” at Sweet Paul.
- Make a sea shell planter at Sand and Sisal.
- Turn sea shells into keychains at Martha Stewart.
- Make a seashell vase at Crafts Unleashed.
- I love these shell candles by shabbyfufu.
- For the broken shells, make a shell mosaic mason jar at A Pumpkin and a Princess.
- Make some wind chimes at Artsy Chicks Rule.
- Or try a sea shell wreath, from Woman’s Day.
- Craft some sea urchin succulent planters at A Cultivated Nest.
- Make a gold shell ring dish at Twinspiration.
- Make your own shell string lights at By Wilma.
- How to make underwater seashell candles, at Dream a Little Bigger.
- Find step-by-step how-tos to make shell art at Atta Girl Says.
seashell crafts for kids
Now, how about the kids?
- Make some sea shell creatures with air-dry clay.
- How to make tie dye shells with Sharpies, at Color Made Happy.
- Find a tutorial for sparkly marbled shell necklaces at Pink Stripey Socks.
- Fun sea shell animal fridge magnets, from Red Ted Art.
- Rainbow crystal oyster shells from Hello, Wonderful look easy to make.
- Make shell people! At Let’s Do Something Crafty.
- Loving the sea shell snails, seen on Parent Map.
- These rainbow shell windchimes look simple enough to recreate.
- Have kids make a sea shell picture frame, at One Little Project.
- Or melted crayon sea shells from The Artful Parent.
- Paint some sea shell fish! At Crafts by Amanda.
- Help them make a handprint shell keepsake at Arty Crafty Kids.
- Sea shell necklaces without drilling holes, from Moms and Crafters.
- Play-Doh and painted shells for a cute shell peacock, at Crafty Morning.
- Kids can make their own shell art at The Art Kit.