Donut Maker fun: How to make mini baked donuts with the Babycakes Donut Maker — delicious easy recipe idea for breakfast.
Babycakes Donut Maker recipe
This vanilla Babycakes Donut Maker recipe is a family favorite!
My mother-in-law got my daughter–well, me–the Babycakes donut maker for Christmas, which may or may not have been my suggestion. And we love it!
more donut maker recipes
By the way, if you like this recipe, check out
- how to make biscuit donuts in the Donut Maker
- (my most-often used) pancake mix donuts in the Donut Maker
- Use the DonutMaker to make Cookie Monster donuts.
- Want something healthy? Trail mix donuts.
It did occur to me, “Hmmm, another piece of kitchenware I’ll have to find a place for to gather dust,” but I’ve a feeling this one might will spared the dust part.
It really is super easy to use and a jillion times quicker than making traditional doughnuts.
Plus, I’m a total doughnut purist. None of this “baked” stuff, I like them deep-fried and unhealthy. But wouldn’t ya’ know it?
These were really good and really doughnutty. So all in all, Go Babycakes donut Maker. You make a good doughnut in three to five minutes.
(It also comes with a handy dandy prong tool thing and a handy dandy wire rack).
donut topping ideas
Here are a few ideas to add to your mini baked donuts.
- Dusting of confectioner’s sugar
- Bakery-style frosting and sprinkles
- Quick donut glaze
- Drizzle honey or maple syrup
- Brush with melted butter and add cinnamon sugar
doughnut recipe for Babycakes Donut Maker
Prepare the Donut Maker with non-stick spray, and heat the Donut Maker according to the instructions.
Put in mixing bowl and combine:
Add and blend just until the ingredients are mixed well and dough is creamy:
Immediately scoop the batter into a disposable decorating bag and close with a rubber band. Snip the tip and pipe a ring of dough into each of the molds. (Or, just use a spoon!) About 2 tablespoons will fit in each cavity.
Close the lid and bake for 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from the Donut Maker and rest on a wire rack. Top with icing, confectioner’s sugar or cinnamon sugar.
TIP: To help evenly brown the donuts, you may flip them after 2 1/2 to 3 minutes (only if they are easily flippable, don’t try and pry them out). In theory, you shouldn’t have to flip the donuts, as the Donut Maker should cook evenly, but as the Donut Maker ages, it can lose some zing in the top.
Yield: 9 doughnuts (which means one batch plus three since the Donut Maker holds six.)
making doughnuts with the Babycakes Donut Maker
The BEST easy mini baked donuts. This Babycakes Donut Maker recipe is delicious and fun for breakfast.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup half and half (milk, even plant-based, works too!)
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- Prepare the Donut Maker with non-stick spray, and heat the Donut Maker according to the instructions.
- Put in mixing bowl and combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the half and half or milk, egg, vanilla, and oil and blend just until the ingredients are mixed well and dough is creamy:
- Immediately scoop the batter into a disposable decorating bag and close with a rubber band. Snip the tip and pipe a ring of dough into each of the molds. OR, just use a spoon to fill the molds with about two tablespoons of batter each.
- Close the lid and bake for 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from the Donut Maker and rest on a wire rack.
- Top with icing, confectioner's sugar or cinnamon sugar.
- Yield: 9 doughnuts (which means one batch plus three since the Donut Maker holds six. I think. I think mine are slightly too big since they have those ridges around the middle, so maybe you can get 10.)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 92Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 179mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 0gSugar: 6gProtein: 2g
This looks so good! Suggestion: cake donuts (versus yeast donuts-think Krispy Kreme) usually have a bit of nutmeg in the batter. This will take it over the top 😊😋
Love the idea of adding nutmeg! I often add nutmeg to different dishes, both sweet and savory.
Lina P says
These were easy and super yummy. My only complaint is they were too fluffy. I’d like them a little bit more dense.
Sarah Fode says
Has anyone tried using this recipe in a waffle iron?