A roundup of Valentine’s Day school card ideas for kids’ classroom parties.
classroom valentines ideas
It’s almost that time of year where children are forced to appreciate EVERY one in their class with Valentine’s. I remember as a kid being very particular about not accidentally giving lovey dovey cards to the wrong boys. Yikes. That would have been embarrassing.
Back then, we picked up the econo-packs of little cards from the drug store and kids decorated lunch bags to collect their cards at the school Valentine’s Day party. Now, in the age of Pinterest, things have gotten a bit more intense. If you’re looking to compete, here are 52 DIY Valentine’s Day classroom cards ideas for kids.
As for the ideas below, some have candy, but most are without candy. (My daughter’s school has a strict no-candy policy, so…) I’ve also included a few affiliate links if you need supplies. The links below are mostly from amazon, but I also hit up Oriental Trading for lots of inexpensive goodies.
more classroom cards ideas
I have a lot of ideas over at pinterest: ALL THESE AND MORE CLASSROOM VALENTINES ideas.
If you don’t want to DIY, here is a roundup of 30 card and toy combos you can purchase. And here are a few more cards and toys.
- horse lover cards. (Buy horses)
- “you light up my world” cards at Design Mom. (Buy flashlights.)
- emoji lollipops from Brite and Bubbly. (Buy lollipops.)
- Minecraft Valentines at Lolly Jane. (Buy the bricks.)
- slap bracelet cards here. (Find slap bracelets, and mini markers.)
- EOS monster cards at The Idea Room. (Buy lip balm.)
- How cool are these light circuit Valentines at Left Brain Craft Brain? (You’ll need a conductive paint pen and these batteries.)
- glow stick cards at Eighteen 25. (Buy glow sticks.)
- animal cards at Sweet C’s. (Buy some animals.)
- superhero bracelet cards at It’s Always Autumn. (Buy superhero bracelets.)
- Whoopee cushion Valentines at Paging SuperMom. And then apologize profusely to the teacher. (Buy whoopee cushions.)
- silly fruit Valentines at Say Yes. (Find some fruit.)
- free candy printables at Petite Party Studio.
- fortune cookie Valentines at Bunches and Bits.
- kinetic sand Valentines at Smart School House.
- Superhero mask cards at The Diary of Dave’s Wife.
- bubble Valentines at This Heart of Mine. (Buy bubbles.)
- popcorn Valentines at Crazy Little Projects.
- eye glass Valentines at Lil’ Luna.
- You A-Maze Me Valentines at Lil’ Luna. (Find mazes.)
- astronaut Valentines at Dandee. (Buy astronauts, though they are a bit different.)
- rainbow loom Valentines at Thirty Handmade Days. (Still need a rainbow loom?)
- Star Wars Valentines at The Idea Room.
- straw Valentines at It’s Always Autumn. (Buy straws.)
- washi tape arrows with gum at Capital B. (Buy washi tape.)
- airplane Valentines at The Crafting Chicks. (Buy planes.)
- Lego Valentines at Kojo Designs. (Buy Legos.)
- balloon Valentines at Eighteen 25. (Buy heart balloons.)
- hair clip Valentines at Skip to my Lou.
- Do you dare make unicorn fart cards? From Do Small Things with Love.
- wooly Valentines cards at Hello, Wonderful. (Buy pom poms.)
- monkey lip whistles at The Experimental Home. (Buy whistles.)
- Hot Wheels Valentines at Thrive 360 Living. (Buy Hot Wheels.)
- shuttle pen Valentines at I Can Teach My Child. (Find pens.)
- Valentine bubble gum machines at Bitz and Giggles. (Find the ornaments and the gum.)
- hoppy Valentines at Lil’ Luna. (Buy the frogs.)
- crayon cards at Craftaholics Anonymous. (Buy crayon favors.)
- Star Wars Valentines at The Suburban Mom.
- watercolor Valentines at Smart School House. (Find tiny watercolor favors.)
- What about giving cereal? At Soapbox Creations. (Buy cereal and wood spoons.)
- shark Valentines at Paging Supermom. (Buy sharks.)
- finger trap Valentines. (Buy finger traps.)
- army men Valentines at Armelle. (Buy army men.)
- Kool-Aid Valentines at My Name is Snickerdoodle.
- chalkboard Valentines at Dukes and Duchesses. (Buy the chalkboards.)
- rock candy cards at Squirrelly Minds.
- Give money! At Delia Creates.
- Swedish fish cards at Dagmar’s Home.
- Go Go Squeeze Valentines. (Find some .)
- candy arrows at Home. Made. Interest. (Find the bags)
- scented Play-Doh cards at Sandy a la Mode. Find Play-Doh.)
PIN FOR LATER:
these are the best ideas i have ever seen