A roundup of Valentine’s Day school card ideas for kids’ classroom parties.
classroom valentines ideas
It’s almost that time of year where children are forced to appreciate EVERY one in their class with Valentine’s. I remember as a kid being very particular about not accidentally giving lovey dovey cards to the wrong boys. Yikes. That would have been embarrassing. Back then, we picked up the econo-packs of little cards from the drug store and kids decorated lunch bags to collect their cards at the school Valentine’s Day party. Now, in the age of Pinterest, things have gotten a bit more intense. If you’re looking to compete, here are 52 DIY Valentine’s Day classroom cards ideas for kids.
As for the ideas below, some have candy, but most are without candy. (My daughter’s school has a strict no-candy policy, so…) I’ve also included a few affiliate links if you need supplies. The links below are mostly from amazon, but I also hit up Oriental Trading for lots of inexpensive goodies.
more classroom cards ideas
I have a lot of ideas over at pinterest: ALL THESE AND MORE CLASSROOM VALENTINES ideas.
- Make horse lover cards here. (Buy horses here.)
- Make “you light up my world” cards at Design Mom. (Buy flashlights here.)
- Give them emoji lollipops from Brite and Bubbly. (Buy lollipops here.)
- Make Minecraft Valentines at Lolly Jane. (Buy the bricks here.)
- Make slap bracelet cards here. (Find slap bracelets here, and mini markers here.)
- Make EOS monster cards at The Idea Room. (Buy lip balm here.)
- How cool are these light circuit Valentines at Left Brain Craft Brain? (You’ll need a conductive paint pen and these batteries.)
- Make glow stick cards at Eighteen 25. (Buy glow sticks here.)
- Make animal cards at Sweet C’s. (Buy some animals here.)
- Make superhero bracelet cards at It’s Always Autumn. (Buy superhero bracelets here.)
- Make Whoopee cushion Valentines at Paging SuperMom. And then apologize profusely to the teacher. (Buy whoopee cushions here.)
- Make silly fruit Valentines at Say Yes. (Find some fruit here.)
- Find free candy printables at Petite Party Studio.
- Make fortune cookie Valentines at Bunches and Bits.
- Make kinetic sand Valentines at Smart School House.
- Make Superhero mask cards at The Diary of Dave’s Wife.
- Make bubble Valentines at This Heart of Mine. (Buy bubbles here.)
- Make popcorn Valentines at Crazy Little Projects.
- Make eye glass Valentines at Lil’ Luna.
- Or make You A-Maze Me Valentines at Lil’ Luna. (Find mazes here.)
- Make astronaut Valentines at Dandee. (Buy astronauts here, though they are a bit different.)
- Make rainbow loom Valentines at Thirty Handmade Days. (Still need a rainbow loom?)
- Make Star Wars Valentines at The Idea Room.
- Make straw Valentines at It’s Always Autumn. (Buy straws here.)
- Make washi tape arrows with gum at Capital B. (Buy washi tape here.)
- Make airplane Valentines at The Crafting Chicks. (Buy planes here.)
- Make Lego Valentines at Kojo Designs. (Buy Legos here.)
- Make balloon Valentines at Eighteen 25. (Buy heart balloons here.)
- Make hair clip Valentines at Skip to my Lou.
- Do you dare make unicorn fart cards? From Do Small Things with Love.
- Make wooly Valentines cards at Hello, Wonderful. (Buy pom poms here.)
- Make monkey lip whistles at The Experimental Home. (Buy whistles here.)
- Make Hot Wheels Valentines at Thrive 360 Living. (Buy Hot Wheels here.)
- Make shuttle pen Valentines at I Can Teach My Child. (Find pens here.)
- Make Valentine bubble gum machines at Bitz and Giggles. (Find the ornaments here and the gum here.)
- Make hoppy Valentines at Lil’ Luna. (Buy the frogs here.)
- Make crayon cards at Craftaholics Anonymous. (Buy crayon favors here.)
- Print Star Wars Valentines at The Suburban Mom.
- Give watercolor Valentines at Smart School House. (Find tiny watercolor favors here.)
- What about giving cereal? At Soapbox Creations. (Buy cereal and wood spoons.)
- Make shark Valentines at Paging Supermom. (Buy sharks here.)
- Or make finger trap Valentines. (Buy finger traps here.)
- Make army men Valentines at Armelle. (Buy army men here.)
- Make Kool-Aid Valentines at My Name is Snickerdoodle.
- Make chalkboard Valentines at Dukes and Duchesses. (Buy the chalkboards here.)
- Give rock candy cards at Squirrelly Minds.
- Give money! At Delia Creates.
- Make Swedish fish cards at Dagmar’s Home.
- Make Go Go Squeeze Valentines. (Find some here.)
- Make candy arrows at Home. Made. Interest. (Find the bags
- Make scented Play-Doh cards at Sandy a la Mode. here.)
PIN FOR LATER: