s’mores on a stick

Anyone who reads my other blog knows I’m a s’mores nut. Not so much eating s’mores, but clever interpretations of the original. I’ve posted on s’mores cake, s’mores pie, s’mores in a jar, s’mores shakes, inside-out s’mores, s’mores truffles… the list goes on from there. And s’mores are no stranger on this blog, either. I’ve even made s’mores popsbefore:

And “self-reflective” s’mores pops(ie how-to-make-s’mores instructions drawn on jumbo marshmallow pops):

So to keep the s’mores alive, I give you some more s’mores on a stick. This time a little closer to actual s’mores, minus the flame.

to make s’mores pops

you will need:*

marshmallows
graham crackers
milk chocolate chips
lollipop sticks
serrated knife
crisco or shortening
disposable decorating bags
scissors
wax paper

*Find the lollipop sticks and decorating bags at the craft store.

1. Line a tray with wax paper. Break apart graham crackers into 4 rectangles and place wrong-side-up.

2. Dab a paper towel in Crisco or shortening and grease the serrated knife and the ends of your lollipop sticks. This is optional, but it really does help things along quite a bit. Cut a marshmallow in half crosswise with the knife and skewer with a lollipop stick.

3. Pour some chocolate chips in a disposable decorating bag (about 1/2 cup), fold the top of the bag, and melt in the microwave at 30 percent power for 1 minute, then 30 percent power at 30 second intervals, kneading the bag occasionally, until the chips are completely melted.

4. Snip about 1/4 inch from the tip of the bag. Pipe two dots of chocolate on a graham cracker rectangle. Place the skewered marshmallows on top. Pipe two more dots of chocolate on top of the marshmallows. Top with another rectangle. Set aside to set very well, about an hour or more. I put my in the fridge for a bit.

Comments

1. hope1mile says

wow so creative. And sounds like an awesome idea I will do for picnics! thanks for sharing your creativity!

2. Debbie says

These are so super cute, Smores are one of my favorite treats and to put it on a stick is genius!

3. Trish - Sweetology101 says

have you seen those HUMONGO marshmallows..that would be so funny to make these w/ those babies and a extra large choco bar and grahm….just sayin I mean as American's we need more calories, right??

4. The Vanilla Bean Baker says

Love how you keep coming up with wonderfully original ideas for S'mores. One can never have enough of them in any way, shape, or form!

5. Chic Cookies says

thanks all! Trish, I have some of those! Those s'mores pops with the drawings on them are on the jumbos. They are nutso huge!

6. Jenn (Cookies Cupcakes Cardio) says

Brilliant! So simple, yet such a great idea. I can't wait to try these out :)

7. Beth @ Hungry Happenings says

This is such a clever take on a traditional s'mores and I love it. What a great snack to bring to any type of party where there is no possibility of having a fire to roast marshmallows. Can't wait to make these!

8. Amy | She Wears Many Hats says

Perfect!!! We have bonfires all the time and I always groan with having to manage the juggling of all the s'mores makings and avoiding our sneaky dogs in the dark. To make them ahead like this one time would be fun!

9. says

Hello!
    I found this idea fantastic. I only have one question: Do you or anyone who has made these before know how long they stay fresh? I wanted to make these for my son’s birthday but I don’t know if I will have enough time on the day before or day of. If anyone has any advice, suggestions or simply knows the answer, please post. Thanks!! ^_^

-Yaly

• meaghanmountford says

Hi Yaly! I have made these before for a party ahead of time. Marshmallows dry out quickly, so it’s actually best to cover the entire marshmallow with chocolate, if possible, so they last longer. Once mine dried, I put them in a single layer on a piece of parchment in a large, shallow Tupperware container. I believe I put my in the fridge for the chocolate, which will sort of “harden” the marshmallows, but sitting out at the party, they were fine when softened.

10. says

Thank you so much!! I will try covering the marshmallows in chocolate instead of just adding a dab. Hopefully they will be as good as they look. ^_^

– Yaly