red and aqua kitchens

Hi everybody! Hope you’re having a nice weekend so far. I’ve had the flu (or something similar) since Wednesday and am still feeling the aftereffects, so I’m hopeful to kick it today. Sigh. While I recover, I thought I’d share my latest Ideabook over at Houzz with you:

For those unfamiliar with Houzz, it’s a type of bulletin board where you can collect ideas for your home. I create an Ideabook once a month for them, gathering products from around the web to fit a theme.
My kitchen is sort of manic with all the random colors, but red and aqua predominate. You can see my kitchen in a spread I did for CafeMom almost two years ago HERE. Oh my goodness, my daughter looks so young! Time flies way too quickly. And by the way, that was not long after we moved into our house. Two years in, please add piles of snacks and dishes and random child’s artwork and a red clock and other random splashes of color all over that kitchen.
How about you? Do you like crazy color in your kitchen, or are you a keep-in-clean-and-cool kind of cook?

1. sue @ cakeballs, cookies and more
    Posted January 7, 2012 at 5:03 pm | Permalink

my dream is to have a home with a large enough kitchen to do all the cabinets in white with the glass and then add splashes of colour. Right now my kitchen is small, and plain.

2. {:miss v:}
    Posted January 7, 2012 at 5:05 pm | Permalink

I LOVE aqua and red together! In fact I once threw a birthday party for my husband in those colors and loved it!

I also really like turquoise and orange, very pretty and bright!

3. the decorated cookie
    Posted January 7, 2012 at 5:07 pm | Permalink

Ah, Sue, the dreams for my dream kitchen are quite large, sigh. Some day (Oh, the cabinet space and large farmhouse table island I'm picturing now…). Yes, turquoise and orange! Turquoise and orange!

Posted January 7, 2012 at 5:09 pm | Permalink

Perfect timing! I JUST told my husband that I'm changing my sage green/yellow kitchen to red and aqua. This color combination just makes me happy! Enjoyed your CafeMom piece(I painted a kitchen door with chalkboard paint). :)

5. Warning Sugary Goodness
    Posted January 7, 2012 at 5:17 pm | Permalink

Hope you are feeling better, it's the season :( Great article BTW

6. Mini Baker
    Posted January 7, 2012 at 5:56 pm | Permalink

awwww i love that fridge!

7. SweetSugarBelle
    Posted January 7, 2012 at 7:35 pm | Permalink

you had my attention at red and aqua. Those are probably my two favorite colors! I LOVE the light fixtures!!!

8. Tiffany@Fizzy Party!
    Posted January 8, 2012 at 8:08 pm | Permalink

Colour all the way! And thank goodness my man likes bold colours too. White and clean are just oh so drab in our eyes.

9. sara magnussen
    Posted January 8, 2012 at 8:38 pm | Permalink

My kitchen is all green… ceiling and walls… both! I use orange as an accent color. I love these 2 colors together! Now if only i had the space for everything (and my kitchen is bigger than most!) :)

10. the decorated cookie
    Posted January 8, 2012 at 8:52 pm | Permalink

I always figured if I had a big kitchen and space for everything I don't have space for now, I'd still somehow find a way to fill that space and then not have space for everything!!