Skittles marshmallow pops

You know how I pulverized a whole bunch of Skittles that Wrigley sent me to make straws? Well, I had tons left over, so naturally I had to turn to marshmallows and lollipop sticks. Because it’s necessary to coat candy with more candy.

To make Skittles-coated marshmallow pops…. First, separate and grind your Skittles (find those instructions HERE). Then skewer a marshmallow, dip in a bowl of water, dab the marshmallow on a paper towel, hold the marshmallow over a bowl and sprinkle the ground Skittles over the marshmallow to generously coat. Prop in a Styrofoam block and let dry.

1. Posted March 25, 2012 at 1:41 pm | Permalink

I love skittles and I love marshmallows – what could be better! Plus they’re super cute!

2. Posted March 25, 2012 at 2:30 pm | Permalink

OMGoodness! Adorable! You’re brilliant! XO M.

3. Posted March 25, 2012 at 2:31 pm | Permalink

I love you for doing this. Love.

4. Carrie's. Creations
    Posted March 25, 2012 at 3:51 pm | Permalink

Sounds yummy!

5. Posted March 25, 2012 at 4:19 pm | Permalink

Pretty!!!

6. Posted March 25, 2012 at 9:18 pm | Permalink

I love your creativity. Coating candy with more candy.. I LOVE it!

I can imagine just how good these taste when you bite into them and resisting licking that yummy skittle dust that will form on your lips. Yum!

7. Posted March 25, 2012 at 9:37 pm | Permalink

Love these! What a perfect craft to do at a rainbow party!

8. Posted March 25, 2012 at 10:04 pm | Permalink

Very pretty AND I’d like one right now. I call dibs on the red one! What a cool way to add more great flavor to marshmallows! I know these will be a big seller at school bake sales. No baking required makes it even better.

9. Posted March 25, 2012 at 11:09 pm | Permalink

I adore you & your creativity!

Posted March 25, 2012 at 11:48 pm | Permalink

Oh gosh, gee, I don’t know if I’d say “brilliant.” I might say “brilliant genius.” :)

Lisa, these were way better than even dipping just in sprinkles. Something about the Skittles flavors… and the combo made them extra soft inside, I don’t know. It was magic.

Katrina, why, I love you, too, ever so much.

Barbara, sold, you got the red.

Thank you all!

11. Stephanie, mom of 2 teens @ expecting #3
    Posted March 26, 2012 at 3:45 am | Permalink

I would love to say I got this b/c I knew the new baby would live it someday but in truth I really had to get it for my 17-year-old son who could eat his weight in skittles :) I sure can’t wait to see my oldest baby holding my youngest baby!

12. Posted March 26, 2012 at 3:52 am | Permalink

This made my mouth water!

13. Posted March 26, 2012 at 12:49 pm | Permalink

they look super cute, how do they taste? I wonder how sugar loaded we could get off these, LOL.

Posted March 26, 2012 at 2:39 pm | Permalink

Definitely sugar on top of sugar Sue, but I thought they tasted way better than even marshmallows dipped in sprinkles! they water/Skittles combo made the marshmallows inside stay nice and soft and the Skittles added flavor to each one. I couldn’t eat a bagful, but yum, so so so good!

15. Posted March 26, 2012 at 3:57 pm | Permalink

I love finding crafts on your blog that i can make with my grandbabies! These look fun! :)

16. Posted March 26, 2012 at 6:13 pm | Permalink

Candy topping candy is just a perfect snack isn’t it?

What a great idea.

17. Posted March 27, 2012 at 12:31 pm | Permalink

Oh yes. These need to happen in my life. My dentist thanks you.

18. Posted March 29, 2012 at 6:15 pm | Permalink

Oh my goodness those look delicious! My mouth was watering just from looking at them, I have to try them :D

19. Posted April 1, 2012 at 6:30 pm | Permalink

You have the most amazing ideas. I like this marshmallows very much…they look delicious.

20. Phyllis Lass Thomton
    Posted June 3, 2012 at 11:10 pm | Permalink

My family is having a Family Reunion and we are quite the crowd. Somewhere around 300+
    my best guess. Since I’m a “Gramma Chef” as one of our Grand-Littles, I offered to bring Desserts/treats for the Gang! I want to Thank You for this terrific idea. I’ll post photo’s after July 8th!!!

Posted June 4, 2012 at 7:59 am | Permalink

Wow, Phyllis, I’m picturing 300 marshmallow pops :) !! Whatta sight. Please do post pictures! And side note: sprinkles instead of the Skittles will make things go much, much quicker when you have so many to do!

22. midi
    Posted July 3, 2012 at 1:45 pm | Permalink

I’ve made Skittles Vodka and loved it, do you think I could dip the marshmallow in Vodka rather than water (for the adults lol).
    great idea by the way!

Posted July 3, 2012 at 6:26 pm | Permalink

Yes. Yes I do. I think that would be genius!!

24. midi
    Posted July 12, 2012 at 5:16 pm | Permalink

tried it with vodka, think i need to leave them in a little longer, also how do you crush the skittles to get a fine powder, as i struggled :)

Posted July 12, 2012 at 8:24 pm | Permalink

Midi, I used a coffee grinder. It worked like a charm. I was surprised how fine it got the Skittles, given the chewy insides. After grinding a LOT (way more than I needed), the grinder started collecting the Skittles and it got stickier and stickier. I should’ve stuck with just a smaller batch.

26. Posted March 14, 2013 at 1:08 pm | Permalink

Brilliant. How far in advance could these be made and still be tasty?
    Thanks!!

Posted March 15, 2013 at 12:55 pm | Permalink

Hi Vanessa, kept in a sealed container, I’d not go more than a few days, though these didn’t last long. But Skittles and marshmallows each independently last awhile, so maybe they’d go even longer!