A roundup of 30 awesome rock painting ideas for kids and adults.
Rock painting ideas
Why paint on rocks? Rock painting is cheap. It’s easy. It’s fun.
You can leave them around town for a fun surprise, or make them to decorate flower pots or your garden and yard. It’s kid-friendly, adult-friendly, everyone-friendly.
And… it forces you to go outside and get some exercise hunting for the perfect rocks for your project. (Or you can just order some nice, clean rocks from amazon.) And there are so many rock painting ideas out there.
more fun craft roundups
Like this idea?
- You might also like this roundup of DIY doll house furniture ideas and how-tos.
- Or how about 20 emoji crafts?
- Stepping on Legos? 25 Lego crafts.
- This 30 perler bead craft roundup is popular.
How do you paint on rocks?
All you need to do is find some rocks. Clean them up. You can wipe them with rubbing alcohol to make the paint stick even better. Paint with regular acrylic craft paint, found at the craft store. And that’s it! You can seal the rocks with a spray sealant, but that feels too chemical-ly for my taste, so I skip that part.
Now that you have the how-tos, what will you paint? Here are 30 awesome ideas for painted rocks to inspire your projects.
- Make a melting snowman rock here!
- Find more how-tos for rock painting at Color Made Happy.
- This rock village can be found on Instagram, by n’bi tasarim.
- Or this incredible rock village (source unknown).
- I love this daisy rock art at Typically Simple.
- Try a rock rainbow at Non Toy Gifts.
- Spread some feel-good rocks, from Plaid.
- Find painted ladybug rocks at Crafts by Amanda.
- Here is a rock cactus at Craftberry Bush.
- Loving this flamingo rock puzzle at Hello, Wonderful.
- Paint a Darth Vader rock at I Love Painted Rocks.
- Or, paint these gorgeous, colorful flower rocks at Make Your Mark.
- Create some groovy moon rocks at The Crafting Chicks.
- Turn painted rocks into magnets at Alisa Burke.
- Check out these hilarious beach rocks at Handmade Charlotte.
- For the kids, make traffic signal rocks at Hello, Wonderful.
- Ha! This mix and match rock family at You Clever Monkey.
- Craft some rock garden markers at West Valley Moms Blog.
- Or these garden markers at Adventure in a Box.
- These rock emojis are from Instagram user Cara Dura.
- Retro fan? Try a vintage camper rocks at Atta Girl Says.
- Want to display pics? Painted rock photo holders at One Little Project.
- Not-so-scary rock monsters at Makoodle.
- Awww, “happy rocks” at Taylormade Creates.
- Clever “flip” rocks at Plaid.
- Stylish painted rock necklaces at Red Ted Art.
- Easier than alive fish, try a rock fish pond at Make It Your Own.
- Some marbled rocks at Creative Green Living.
- Paint some woodland animals at DecoArt.
- Or paint a cute coffee mug rock at I Love Painted Rocks.
Leave a Reply